Did you have what you thought was a period during pregnancy?

I am on birth control pills, so my period is very predictable and always on time. Last month's (March 26th) was a day late, but it seemed normal. The one before that was normal too (February 26th). This last week I have been peeing A LOT! My first thought was a UTI, but the constant peeing is my only symptom. Around the same time my breasts starting hurting as well. So of course, now my initial thinking is: I'm pregnant. I never get sore breasts before my period is due, have only had them at the beginning of my pregnancies with each of my boys.

My period is due next weekend (April 23rd), so I will see if my period starts or not. I am asking about the period deal because peeing a lot usually isn't a symptom that shows up until you're at least 6 weeks along (from what I understand), so it would either be too early for this particular symptom (I'd only be 3 weeks along), or what I thought was my period, wasn't actually.

Sorry for the LONG post, I am just curious how many women have experienced a "period" during their pregnancy! Thanks!

MichaelsMom330

Asked by MichaelsMom330 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• When I was pregnant with my 1st child, I had a period for the first month. It was the worst period I had ever had. With massive cramping and very horrible bleeding. I thought that I was having problems with my cysts. But I was pregnant. Found out when I was 13 weeks along!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• well i am currently 15 wks pregnant with #2, I concieved the very last week in dec, but yet had a "period" jan 2 to 6... very light but still a period, when i would've had, for the normal 4 days... so yes it can happen! (my aunt said it could, i was like noooo it cant.... i tested the next month cause i was late.... low and behold i was 5wks along at the time per u/s!)
    defiantpromises

Answer by defiantpromises at 8:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• With my first I didnt know I was pregnant until 4 months because I thought I was having my period, turns out I was not. Every doctor I have talked to said you do not ever actually have a real period while you are pregnant, but there are many reasons you could have bleeding that you could mistake for your period. If you are at all concerned, take a test. Especially since you are taking birth control!!!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Not a full period but I had it for a day or two with my first pregnancy.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• nope i never had any bleeding when i was pregnant
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2011