How do I get my daughter to sleep in her cradle?

She's a little over 2 weeks old and she will not sleep in her cradle for me. I have her sleeping in her packnplay but when it's time to actually go to sleep in her cradle, as soon as I lay in bed, she wakes up. I know getting sleep is something that usually doesn't happen with newborns, but it's to the point if I'm not holding her, she won't fall asleep. Please help.

nikkilee0812

Asked by nikkilee0812 at 2:46 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• are you swaddling her...that helps...change her feed her well then swaddle...lay her down she might fuss a bit but will help in the long run
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:49 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I was going to suggest the swaddling as well!

Maybe try some sound? My son would not sleep in his bassinet without the womb sounds playing in it...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:22 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Eh I have the same problem. We've spoiled our 1 week old already to the point where he refuses to sleep unless he's in the bed with us. Which sucks cause 1 he's in between my boyfriend and I so I get no cuddling lol and 2 I can't sleep cause I worry about him getting smothered or something. The only thing I found that worked was putting a pillow in his bassinet. But even then it only works when we're lucky.
    Smexkitten

Answer by Smexkitten at 3:45 AM on Dec. 2, 2008