What is the longest time you left your kids. ( trip without them)

juliemomx2

Asked by juliemomx2 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• a week. Their grandma watched them.

Answer by Bmat at 7:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• 10 days for the 2 older kids. Both sets of grandparents watched them alternating every couple of days. We went to Curacao for 10 days for our 10th wedding anniversary. I was pregnant with our 3rd. No one has watched all three for more than a couple hours since.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• two weeks
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I would never leave my kids when if i went on a trip they would or went with me but i had to leave my dd with my dh mother bc my youngest got very sick and was put in the hospital for a week but it killed me every day
    Kattie825

Answer by Kattie825 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• 1 week - but the baby was still in utero so he wasn't left behind ;).
    Anonymous

• Just a weekend. We left her with my aunt so we could house hunt in the state we were moving to without having her under foot.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• 3 weeks. I had a nervous breakdown when my older kids were 2 1/2, 17 months and 4 months. The older 2 went to stay with my inlaws (was supposed to be for just a week but ended up being 3 weeks) while I recovered. I was at home with the baby, though (the other kids were 8 hours away).
    The longest for a trip was 1 week when me and hubby went to Maine. The kids were 20 months, almost 3 and just turned 4. They had a blast with their cousins. Haven't taken a trip since then (that was in 2004). My oldest has also gone on trips with friends without us (out of state for a week) when she was 6 and 7. My dad took 2 of them (then 4 and 5) for over a week while we were moving. They also spent another 2 weeks with my sil the summer before while I cared for my dad after his heart attack.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My older ones I left with my mom for 5 days when they were 1, 2, and 4. They have spent longer times with my ex, their dad, but that's the longest time with a non parent (and when they were older - 9, 10, and 12)

Answer by missanc at 8:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• since my son was born 14 yrs ago- none
    right after my daughter was born (she was about 6 wks old) we went to Vegas for 2 nights- my mother in law had paid for us to go meet her and my sister in law and a mutual friend of ours as a Christmas gift. My mom watched her for us
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Well, I let my oldest son stay overnight with my sister once when he was 3 years old. I was also hospitalized twice, and they were home with my husband. I've never taken a trip without them, and other than the one night at my sister's house, they haven't gone on overnights without one or both of us.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2011