Riding lawn mower incident while 20 pregnant

I love to mow the yard on our riding lawn mower, and I asked my dr. if that was okay and she said yes. I was a little worried about the bumpiness. Anyways, this evening while mowing my husband told me to hop off for a second while he got these spots I was having trouble with. I turned the blade off but forgot to put it and neutral...it jerked me foward pretty hard but my belly didn't hit anything. Do you think the big and sudden jerky movement is something I should worry about, or call about? It sounds silly now that I wrote this, but really worried me when it happened.

MJmom-to-be

Asked by MJmom-to-be at 8:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You should be okay.
    Unless it's like a car wreck...or you were flying on the mower and hit a tree...I wouldn't worry.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• yikes....dont't ride that thing. Ok mom moment over. I think you will be fine. Pay close attention to your body for the next few days. :o)
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 8:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Please stop riding the lawn mower. Why take the chance?
    Mommee42boyz

Answer by Mommee42boyz at 8:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Nope I don't think you have anything to worry about. I also would keep cutting the grass. I am with you it is something that I love to do although I use a push mower and do it through my whole pregnancy. You are not over doing it, it is a bit bumpy but not dangerous. Your womb is a very safe environment for your little one and your body can handle quite the trauma without harm coming to the baby.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I dont think you have anything to worry about. The baby is protected by amnionic fluid.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't be too concerned unless you actually struck something. I know the fear though. I fell HARD on my butt/back on the ice this winter when I was about 20-22 weeks and was nervous for a long time that something had happened. My MIL is an OB nurse and told me I should go in just to be checked, but that everything was probably fine as long as I wasn't having contractions, wasn't bleeding, and the movement was still regular. I didn't go, and everything is fine, but in hindsight I would have gone in and relieved myself of a lot of anxiety.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• if it worries u then call it will make u feel better
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 12:19 AM on Apr. 17, 2011