Why do people make fake profiles?

I answered a question and then i deleted it because i knew everyone was right saying they are a troll because they just joined. I just do not get it, do you think its a guy? Just wondering why people do that. :) and the question was asked.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in About CafeMom

• A lot of people get kicked off CM and create new accounts, some have more than one. Most of those who does these are trolls are troublemakers loving the HS drama.
    Sweet_Faith

Answer by Sweet_Faith at 7:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Who knows. But I dont accept friend requests if 1. I cant view their profile, and 2. they just joined. 3. there is no info in the prole. There are soo many trolls here. I get enough spam mail I sure dont need it from trolls to.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i know that like teenage girls fake other teenage girls on like dailybooth.com and myspace.com so they get attention and can make a ton of online friends but lol idk why someone would take the time to fake being a mom? like lol go volunteer at big brothers/big sisters if you want to take care of a kid. dont just pretend you do.
    LOL OR COME BABYSIT FOR ME OR SOMETHING.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 8:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I am not sure what a troll means either.

What Is A Troll?

The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.

Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually its ignorance shows.

*****

as for fake profiles - lots of reasons, so they can argue with people who think they're friends, so they can agree with themselves in questions, so they can try to friend people who have them blocked, because they're a bored 14 year old in mom's basement...

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• ***shrugs***
    I'm wondering myself...is a troll suppose to be a scammer? or a guy acting like a mother...?
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• for attention.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 8:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• WHO CARES IF IT IS A GUY? what DO YOU CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK  IF YOU JOIN IN ON THE GROUP CONVERSATIONS? IT IS FUN !lighten UP AND ENJOY! there ARE ALOT OF GREAT PEOPLE THAT ARE HERE.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2011