My Life for right now is hell. If you have anything to say...

So basically in a very confusing nutshell, I am a 20 year and 4 months old girl, whome has a wonderful only son whose 14 months young, and I am currently living in an apartment with my mother who is an addict and currently still using. I have a family on my mothers side who cares about the situation but wont do anything about it, mind you, this has been an on going problem for fourteen years now. my biological fathers side I have spoken to 3 times in my life on awkward occasions and as far as my bio father, he is part of hells angels and is not someone i want in my life. My half brother I had through my bio father at age 17 just passed away dec 2010 drunk driving (Bio Father's influence.) My mother whome i have lived with off and on my whole 20 years of life married when i was 6 to a man whome i called My Dad, (stepdad.) I talked to him once or more a month every year since they divorced when i was 8, still till this past thursday when he passed away. Yes, I am beside myself. I am loosing my mother right in front of me, I lost my little brother in december 2010, and now two days ago my father dies. I am living paycheck to paycheck and my sons father is up and down with me, but to top it all off I have 0 real friends who care about me. I am so happy and blessed to wake up to my beautiful son everyday but I don't know how much more i can take. it's hard to be excited with him all day when all i want to do is cry... but of course i put a smile on and sing along for him.

momamay2010

Asked by momamay2010 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Throw her in rehab, or jail. Make her get a reality check. You need to sit her down when she is sober and tell her what a weak person she is not being able to deal with life sober like you are. Tell her to stop running from her problems and deal with them, and throw her in rehab. As for the rest of it I cant help you, I'm gonna be homeless on monday.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• group hugSo sorry for your situation.   I don't know if you are religious at all, but maybe start going to a church.  Church has always given me peace.  If not maybe finding a support group for children of addicts or something pertaining to your situation.  I hope you find peace however you need to.  I will keep you in my prayers.  But hang in there momma you will soon see light at the end of your tunnel .  God bless.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Big Hug!!!! I am so sorry to hear about your loses. Even more sorry to hear about all the pain you have gone through in your life..I know right now it seems that things arent going to get better but they will...Just remember that little face that loves you more than anyone ever will unconditionally...Its ok to cry, lay him down and get it out your system....I know you love your momma but only she can help herself. The best thing you can do for her is to take care of yourself and your baby..Check you local area there may be some programs that will be able to help you and your baby get a place of your own, and help with daycare....You are a beautiful young woman and you deserve to be happy....
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I agree that she needs rehab. Is there a way you could get her into treatment. Insurance covers it. My husband was in for a week.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:09 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• hugs

L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Sorry for all the pain you must be going through. Try to focus on the good in your life, specifically your son and maybe that wil get you through. You and your family are in my prayers, God bless.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Sometimes the saying "the only person you can depend on is yourself" is true. It sounds like you have been through a lot, but I think you need to get out of your mother's house so that you and your son can move toward a healthy lifestyle. Some of my best friends have come from work...at least it sounds like you have a job and an income, which helps a LOT.

See what help is available to you. With a son, I am sure you could qualify for some grants for school...and several pay all the way through your bachelors. It sounds like you know how you were brought up wasn't cutting it for you, and that you want to do better for your son...so focus on doing everything you can positive with your life to pull yourself up from where you came from. And if you haven't already, file for child support. "up and down" doesn't cut it when you have a child to support, it is fair to make him do his part.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Hugs, I am so very sorry for your losses.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Gosh. I am so sorry. I can't say I know how you feel, because I don't. But I can imagine that it's really hard. At least know that your son will always have someone to depend on. You sound like a good mother. It can't be easy doing it on your own. I have a ton of support and it's still hard sometimes. You just have to focus on the good things in your life, like your son. You're creating a life with him, and while you may not have control in other areas of your life, you do have control of the life you make with him. Take what you've been through and learn from it. You are going to come out of this so strong as long as you hang in there, I can guarantee you. As hard as it is, you can't allow people in your life who only bring negativity. Your son WILL know. I'd give your mom an ultimatum and tell her while you love her, you can't allow your son to be around that. He has to come first. cont...
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• cont...

He cannot be in an apartment with drugs. You can have him taken from you for that. If you have to, apply for government assistance. Get your own place. You're the kind of person it's meant for. I admire you for handling all you have been through so far. I don't know how I'd do it. If you ever wanna talk, feel free to PM me, and I hope things get better for you, hon!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2011