Should i apply at the pharmacy the my instructor pulled me from?

i really would love to work at this pharmacy, they have great service and i could picture myself workin there, beside i would love to rub in my instructor's face that i achieved my goal despite her actions if i get the job. i was suppose to do clincals there but my instructor pulled me from the site the night b4 i was suppose to start and blaming the pharmacy as the reason but found out later that it was her that pulled me out not the pharmacy manager cause i have piercings and tattoos. she doesnt approve of tats or piercings or my religion...im pagan. they dont care as long tats are hidden which mine are and no wearing jewlery to work(obviously) and i dont wear my piercings that much anyways no big deal. 2 of the techs there have lip piercings and one just got hers done so she wear it to work, and they still allow her to work. i personally dont think its professional to wear them to work even though i have piercings. i go next week to take my PTCB exam so ill be nationally certified after that. my instructor told me when i dropped her program that i would have a hard time gettin in the exam without her help.... well i registered today, made my payment and got my award letter for the exam in my email just a bit ago, all thats left is show up for the exam, and well also go over my study guide. i also plan on getting certified in basic compounding, sterile IV, and chemo before fall. i have to go to texas to do that at the NPTA place, nice thing ill have done all at once. i already applied and got approved for those classes, just have to wait until my husband gets approved for his vacation time to set a date. they hold classes twice a month. the pharmacy i want to work at doesnt not require certification....
so would you apply at that pharmacy even though there was a problem before? they cant do anything other than say no right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• I work at a Pharmacy and I love the people I work with. I had a feeling when I first started that I was going to enjoy myself there.
    Go with your gut, if you thinks it the place you would really like to try then try it. Like you said, the worse that could happen is a no. At least you tried. I think personality is key to every position in the pharmacy anyway. We have so many customers that thank us all the time for how friendly and sweet we all are. If you showed a great side of you and how great of a worker you are, then I don't think they'll have a problem hiring you if they are hiring.
    Sweet_Memoriez

Answer by Sweet_Memoriez at 10:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yes apply there, when you get the job Go to the dean and or board and file a complaint. Hell! File a formal complaint anyways! Your "teacher" violated discrimination laws!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• You should apply... that's so messed up of your instructor to try and hold you back like that
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 10:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Definitely apply there! Go in and talk with the pharmacy manager too. Good luck on your PTCB certification! I have been certified for 10 years.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2011