How do i kick her of the bottle???....she doesn't wanna give it up!!!

team_pink07

Asked by team_pink07 at 2:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well our dog kept getting them i said this is it and didnt buy more..give them to her with out the ring or nipples...let her play with them say in the bath... get her a "big girl" cup..the staw ones did great for us..i bought one for me to show mama drinks out of it too..or drink out of hers to show there is something in it..get it started for her
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Try adding a little vinegar to her bottle. Just enough to make her drink taste nasty. when she fusses give her a drink from a big girl cup so she will notice the difference. Tell her she is a big girl now and bottles are for babies. That is why she doesn't like it any more. The vinegar won't harm her but ewww is it nasty. And the drink from the big girl cup will rinse her mouth.
    Xee

Answer by Xee at 3:25 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• If she doesn't want to give it up don't make her. My son is 2.5 years old and still uses his bottle for milk. Just make sure she knows how to use sippys, cups and straws. A lot of kids are hesitant about giving up milk bottles because they are used for comfort. So try just offering milk in the bottle and give it just in the morning and at night before bed (but not when she is actually going to bed because that is bad).
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Just throw them away! Tell her how big a girl she is and tell her that it's time to give up the bottle and drink out of a big girl cup and just toss all the bottles. Have a little party, dance around while you're collecting the bottles and tossing them in the trash. She might think it's a game and help you. I guarantee she will most likely fuss about it for a day or two. And then she won't even remember those bottles existed.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:47 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Only put water in it, put her milk and juice in a sippy cup. Probably it is a good idea to not make a big deal about it, but as you hand her the sippy cup say here's your big girl cup.

Answer by Bmat at 8:47 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• If you haven't already, start cutting out bottles at meals and use the sippy cup as much as possible. I think it will be easier to give it up when you only use it once a day. With my twins I gradually cut out all bottles except for bedtime, and then I started moving that bottle earlier and earlier so it wasn't part of the bedtime routine. Then for a few days I took them out for a walk or to the store at bottle time (distraction), and conveniently came home at bedtime (too late for bottle). After about 3 evenings, I stopped taking them away from the house at bottle time. I only had one bad evening with one twin, and after that neither cried for Baabaa again.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:14 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• why don't you just throw them away? get some small dixie cups and start her on cups. it's really your decision, not hers
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2008