Does your child see you naked? How old is too old for father and son to shower together?

I am just curious. I overheard this type of conversation at Wal-Mart today and it just got me thinking.
My child doesn't see me naked. He has seen my hubbs naked recently when my dh was getting out of the shower. He wasn't curious or anything, just kinda said "Hi daddy". My ds is 5.

sunrisekn

Asked by sunrisekn at 9:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• We are very open in our house. We do not rush to cover up if the boys are around. I do NOT want to start body issues with them this early on. IMO if you are afraid to be naked in front of your kids, they will start to think their is something wrong with the naked body... My kids are almost 7 and almost 3, and there are no issues right now. If they ever start feeling uncomfortable, well then I would have to second guess myself!
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 9:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I don't have a take on the opposite sex because I only have girls. My oldest is six and I have no issues with her seeing me without clothes. I guess with the same thing in mind. I am 28 and my Mother would still change in front of me. This is something that my husband and I have talked about. My family is a little less modest in some ways around each other, although we are very modest outside of the home. I guess I as just taught that the body was not something to be ashamed of.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I have girls and there is not age at which they will not see me naked. Hell I still see my mom naked from time to time. My girls took baths with daddy until the "What's That " question was asked (about 4 years old). I feel that a naked body is natural and moms and daughters have the same parts same for sons and daddy.   

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My kids both see me naked. I'm not shy lol. I will stop when they show signs of being uncomfortable with it. Likewise for bathing together. It's just a naked body, no different than it is in clothes except it's visible. It's not sexual in and of itself.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• 1 1/2....really? LMAO. My boys are 6, 4, 2 and one and they still see me naked. I just dont make a big deal out of it. It is usually only when im changing.
    Anonymous

• I think any kid over 1 1/2 is to old to see a parent naked. But thats me.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My DD is 11 and will still see me on occasion. Doesn't bug me. We've had several of "the talks" and we have the same parts. The boys stopped around 5. The 6 yr old still showers with DH. They don't care, so neither do I.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My SS sits there when his dad goes to the bathroom and sees him when he takes a shower and he's five. I honestly think that's a bit weird, but it doesn't bother DH. My son is 13 months and he sees me going to the bathroom and changing my clothes from time to time. I suppose it will be that way until he's about three. Or at least that's how I plan it. Chances are that will probably change.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I didn't let my kids see me naked after they started pre-school. I don't think my son wanted to shower with my x once he reached about 5. My son wanted to be a big boy and shower alone.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I've showered and bathed with my DS, now 3, since he was an infant. Sometimes it's easier to keep an eye on them when you're in with them. I've wondered at what age it is no longer appropriate for him to shower or bath with me too. He's already asked whether I have a penis or not, and I explained that since I'm a girl, and he's a boy, he has a penis, and I do not. He knows that daddy has one, because he's a boy too. His biggest concern is how I pee without a "pee-nus"
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2011