For the Mom's that had epiderals during labor .....

How many cm dilated were you before you got yours?

I was 8 cm dilated when I finally asked for mine, induction sucks lol

Married2theBest

Asked by Married2theBest at 2:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think I was at 7 cm. All I remember is that I had felt ZERO pain prior to them breaking my water, and then it was like "OH MY DAMN!!" I immediately asked for the epidural, and had no more pain at all!
    korbynsmama

Answer by korbynsmama at 2:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Well they gave me mine when I was only dilated to a 1cm. so it wore off before I got to a 5. I will never get an epidural again, to me that was more painful than labor without it lol
    cmjt

Answer by cmjt at 2:56 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I dont remember what i was dilated to. However on my second delivery the epidural only took the pain from one side. Since i could only feel on one side it seemed like the pain was way more intense. I also still carry scars from the needles 3 years later. I covered them up with a tatoo. lol
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 3:01 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I was 3 I think.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 3:02 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I don't even remember how much I was dialated I just remember telling the nurse I was ready for it and shhe didn't believe me til I made her check, I think it would've been to late if I didn't yell at her lol. I was induced too and was having STRONG contractions really close together since the day before so I didn't even feel it.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:03 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• baby g I didn't feel mine eith Randy the anesthesiologist put it in during one of my contractions 20 minutes later I was in heavenly bliss and also ready to push lol
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:12 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I was six. The only reason I got it was because my water had broken nine hours earlier and I couldn't relax at ALL. I kept clenching to stop the leaking (even though I knew I couldn't stop it) and had barely progressed since I got to the hospital, I figured I still had a long way to go any was already exhausted.

I'll try to go without again next time, though, especially because when it came time to push, the needle started to really hurt in my back!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• For my first I was 3 cm, and I had her 4 hours later! For my second, well I was walking around 3 - 4 cm for over a week before I was induced, and when I got it I had him in about 3 hours! Love the epidural! Get it! BTW I did wait for it to work with my daughter, it was in 2002, but in 2006 with my son they also did the instant relief thing where they use that huge syringe to put the stuff right in you and then attach the epidural. yay! Natural births for both, no problems pushing.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• BTW my labor progressed quickly once I got it, I think because I could relax because i wasn't in so much pain. I remember they told me I wouldn't have my baby for like 12 hours, nurse came and check a couple hours later and told me I was 10!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:20 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• 4
    MaddisonsMomma

Answer by MaddisonsMomma at 3:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2008