Has anyone had a U/S at 16wks and had the tech say the sex of the baby, and it was actually right?

I'm wondering because I hear ppl say "Oh, you can't really know that early" so I was just wondering if it was right for anyone....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had my u/s with my dd at 16 weeks 10 yrs ago when thats when they did them routinely and they called her sex correctly
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yes. The ultrasound tech I had was on his 10th year doing the job and was wrong only one time!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Okay, I asked because I had my U/S this wk at 16wks and the tech told me as of right now that is a girl, and he kept going back to it every so often and kept saying ya, nothing has popped up.... When I told my SIL she told well don't get your hopes up it's still way too soon to tell..... With my first son we were told at 14wks deff a boy, and with my 2nd son at this time told deff a boy... but to be sure in 2wks we are doing gender check to be on the safe side
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• All 4 of mine were right at 15 weeks, no questions :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• They can't ever "guarantee" at 4 months but in my experience and friends when they say that or babys being shy...its a girl lol
    ShamrocksNroll

Answer by ShamrocksNroll at 10:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• mine was right at 16 weeks, :)
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i have heard of allot finding out that soon but they wouldnt tell me GOOD LUCK
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 11:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• They told me a girl at 16 weeks and it was right! I would think if it was a boy, something would be sticking up. This time I found at 18 weeks it was a girl.
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 8:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2011