13 month old sticking legs through crib slats!

We do not use a cloth bumper in our crib and it has never been a problem... but recently our daughter has been sticking her legs through her crib slats all the time. She usually doesn't mind but sometimes she gets all twisted and tangled up and screams out for help (obviously I run in and help her as fast as I can).

Any suggestions on how to keep her appendages out of the crib slats? Thank you!

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 10:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I will be honest. I tried everything with both of my kids, nothing worked! as much as it sucks to say this, they will either have to learn NOT to stick their legs through or they will have to be moved into a different bed or playpen.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I would think the only other thing to do would be to be to put her in a toddler bed.

My daughter was 17 months when this happened.  It was the only time she ever did it.  But obviously a bumper didn't stop it.

AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Time to move her to a big girl bed.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I would say a big girl bed or a playpen.
    becca2715

Answer by becca2715 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We used breathable bumper pads. Here's a link - http://www.amazon.com/BreathableBaby-Breathable-Safer-Bumper-Cribs/dp/B0013FGWD0

We liked them cause they were breathable, and tall enough that LO wouldn't get his legs caught. They also collpes so LO can't climb.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• well get a bumper set or put her in a toddler bed my oldest was 12 months when he went in one
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Try a breathable bumper, we had to do the same, it's just mess so that the baby cant smoother them selves like with regular bumpers but it helps keep limbs in the crib. http://www.walmart.com/ip/BreathableBaby-Breathable-Safer-Bumper-Fits-All-Cribs-White/8154350
    We were able to find one that was top to bottom for the crib on all sides this one is only the size of a regular bumper. Try googling it or something, at most I think $40 but much better than the cost and pain of a broken arm or leg. Good Luck Hun.
    ConcernedMomma2

Answer by ConcernedMomma2 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2011