Labor is NOT funny, but are there any funny stories out there?

This was not funny at the time but now it cracks me up. I was in labor for about 32 hours and I was getting ready to start pushing. My dh was standing beside me eating a Chick-Fil-A sandwich while trying to tell me to "PUSH"!!! I wanted to slap him and take his chicken sandwich. lol

sunrisekn

Asked by sunrisekn at 10:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• With my first, I accidentally pulled my iv out while pushing... There was blood ALL over dhs shirt ( he was holding my hand against his chest) well, he taped himself walking to the waiting room to tell everyone that it was a boy ( we didn't find out) and on tape we caught his mom freaking out!!! She was like what happened to you? Did she get that mad for making her go through that?!! Did the doctors check you out? Is everything ok?? It was sooo funny watching it ! (( it doesn't sound as funny as it was, guess it was one of those, 'ya had to be there' things)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• One of the nurses tried to check my dialation when I was admitted in the hospital. I grabbed her hand, looked her in the eye and said (in a demon voice if I remember correctly) "Don't you even dare checking in there!!"

She backed away and sheepishly said "oh yeah, she's at least six..."

I had my daughter 30 minutes later.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think pooping during labor is funny. Especially when you don't know it happened.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• After pushing with the nurse for several minutes the Dr. came in and asked my husband if he were watching the tv. Well, of course he wasn't because I was busy doing whatever it took to get the baby out and my husband was already on the edge of passing out. Well, the Dr. changed the channel to the news channel and at the time they were talking about Clinton and Obama and who had a chance to be president......... so the nurses and the Dr. begin talking about it as if I was just some other object in the room that they had to work with. It wasn't funny at the time because I didn't have a care in the world about who is going to be President, just get the baby out! But now looking back, it was kinda funny.
    Sweet_Memoriez

Answer by Sweet_Memoriez at 10:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• When I was dilated 10 the nurses paged the docotr to come back to the room. He had just left. Well anywayz it was way unexpected for me to go into labor so we had no camera, no over night bag or anything. My aunt had just dropped off her camera with my husband. So he's fooling with the camera to see how it works. The doctor strolls back in, sees my husband messing with the camera and goes over to help him better get familiar with it. Mean while my son is about to pop out. Im looking at these two like WTH are yall doing lol!! The docotr looks over and goes whoops, hops in his stool and catchs the baby.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My sister's birth story is kind of funny. At least my mom can laugh about it today.

She was 3 weeks late. Born in one of the worst Chicago blizzards ever. Couldn't get to the hospital until my dad dug out the van from the 3 feet of snow- forgot to do the walk way so my mom had to waddle out to the car fighting the mass of snow. She was in labor for about 46 hours before having a c-section (which my dad wasn't allowed to attend). As soon as my sister was out she refused to breathe and was rushed off to NICU without telling my mom what was going on.

After ALL of that when finally in recovery and heard that my sister was doing ok and was allowed to see her my dad started making calls and telling people they had the baby. When some of their friends asked "How's Cindi?" (my mom) my dad's answer was "She's fine, I'm EXHAUSTED!"

My mom had him removed.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:14 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• My story was during labor in the hosp it was when my water first broke, I was at my sisters house, early. I had my son and I was watching my niece for the day. My sister had gone to work but her husband was still home, leaving soon. I was sitting on the couch and thought I had to go to the bathroom, got up, made it to the kitchen and my water broke. I told my brother in law to tell his daughter to get dressed and we had to take the kids around the block (a good family friend lives around the block) he asked why, I told him and he FREAKED!!! He made me sit down, called my sister and just kept saying I dont know what to do! There is stuff everywhere, it is a mess and we have to leave. She kept saying what are you talking about then he finally said there is water everywhere (lol) she asked if my water broke and he said that is what I have been saying, even though he never said that. It was just funny since he has 3 kids!!!! lol
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• It took me 14 hours to figure out that my water had broken. I just thought I was peeing all day! LOL Here I am a MIDWIFERY student. I swear, I was in SUCH denial a baby was EVER coming.
    Then, when I pooped on the table, I could smell it (eew, gross, I know), but I couldn't feel it. I said, "I just pooped, huh?" Someone confirmed it for me. I just kind of laughed and continued pushing. I expected it, but I was surprised I could smell it for some reason!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I love these stories. Thank you for sharing.
    sunrisekn

Comment by sunrisekn (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Thank you everyone! I appreciate you guys sharing your stories!
    sunrisekn

Comment by sunrisekn (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2011