What if?

You are homeless with two children and do not have a job or a car or anyone to watch your kids so you can't work even if you wanted to. You're by yourself and no one will help you, not even the people whos job it is to do so. Now what?

xmama_bellax

Asked by xmama_bellax at 10:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• i dont even want to think about it , i guess i would go to a womans shelter
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I'd find a job and if needed, take my kids to work with me. Then find a daycare for my kids.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I first find an empty house and squat second I take my kids to work I work at fast food they can sit in the lobby . When I am not at work we go to the plasma center oick up a basket and start looking for cans anything that can keep us fed every night until I get a pay check after we sign up for church programs or anything that can help them or me with a place for them to go during the week while I look for a second job. anything is possible. Then I talk to any land lord who can and will work with me. I know this because I have done it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• sorry pick
    pinkdragon36

• yea you cant take a 5 month old and a 17 month old to work with you. and in new jersey..people arent that quick to help anyone..lucky you..maybe i should move to your country haha
    xmama_bellax

Comment by xmama_bellax (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Find a woman"s shelter
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I'd find a women and childrens center and apply for government aid until I could get on my feet.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• womens shelter
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• What do you mean "no one will help you, not even the people whose job it is to help you?"
    That doesn't make sense.
    I'd call/walk to a womens shelter, I guess.
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2011