Would you live away from your husband for a few years if it meant a better financial future for your family?

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• Heck yes! Dh and I have talked about this quite alot lately. We live in a tourist town and when the summer ends, works and money just stop. We have been considering him going North while ds and I stay here for a little while.
    sunrisekn

Answer by sunrisekn at 10:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Many women in our country are doing this. It is a way of life for many families in other countries. I am thankful that my family does not have to make the difficult decision to split up for survival, but if we had to I think we would.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• probably not I'm needy and I hate to be alone at night
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• no i wouldnt, money isnt everything. im content with living paycheck to paycheck, we may not have the newest cars or the fanciest clothes but our bills are always paid on time, we always have food on the table and we have a lil extra to buy the "fun stuff" and we dont have to be on any asistance, and i get time with my hubby and kids everyday for me thats enough.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• A few years wouldn't be fair to our children, so no.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• for sure , and he wouldnt care either
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Not a few years. But Dh lost his job in Dec and in January we separated for almost 3 months so he could make a start in another state for us. I lived with my mother in KY while he came to Ohio to live with his family. Things didn't work out as planned so we just scrapped that idea ofter 3 months of hell. So here I am in Ohio 37 weeks pregnant and broke. But at least we have family helping us.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• we tried it for almost 9mos..it didn't work because of the child. if we didn't have a child at home, it would work just fine..i may even suggest it!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• No, not for a few years.. A few months I could see one of us doing that but not years.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• No...I think trust issues might come up and spending time together and reconnecting is important to keep a relationship healthy
    hoping73

Answer by hoping73 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2011