My 16 year old is visiting family in another town. He had a girlfriend here but she broke up with him since he has been gone. We used to live in the town he is visiting and has an old girlfriend there. He has been hanging out with her a lot from what i hear. I have raised him that he shouldn't have sex before marriage. My instinct is to have him come home early . but at the same time i want to trust him.

He has had his first kiss and he came to me and told me. He talks freely with me about most things.

jjohnson0217

Asked by jjohnson0217 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• so what's the question? If you should make him come home early beacuse his girlfriend broke up with him? I would have to say no.
    ShenaBaker

Answer by ShenaBaker at 12:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• We all like to think that we raised out children not to have sex before marriage but that happening these days are slim..Hes 16 hes gonna make mistakes you cant be there to pull him out of every situation. I say trust your son!
    pleonard

Answer by pleonard at 1:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• i think you should trust him and also ask him how he feels about these young ladys.
    libramomma24

Answer by libramomma24 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• trust him, and trust him to be smart. He is 16, and he is a boy, be understanding. Hopefully you told him about condums, if he chooses to do that.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• well in this day and age every child that has hit maturity should have the sex talk
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• You know, I think you might need to chat with him some over the phone. Or is there someone who can have a little chat with him over there? Just something along the lines of "I want you to know that you can come to me if you have any problems or questions about anything." Keep those lines of communication open. Good luck
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 12:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• He called and I talked to him I felt better untill he told me that his uncle was to drunk to drive so he drove him home. (my son dosn't have his permit and has not had any driving experience.) He could have killed himself and his uncle or someone else. There were other adult relatives there when he left and they just let him get into the vehicle with his uncle. I was so angry when I heard I drove down and picked him up. We talked and he told me that he drank while he was gone. He wants to go back in early August I don't want him to . He told me that he is moving there when he is 18. I don't want to loose him by being to harsh but at the same time I dont approve of what he did. Any advice on how to handle this situation?
    jjohnson0217

Answer by jjohnson0217 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2008