Saved?

Why do people feel that other people who believe differant from them need to be saved? I let everyone belive what they want and am ok with that, I know everyone will never believe the same thing. I just hate when people talk down to me and talk about being saved. I do NOT need to be "saved".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh i so feel you on that one!
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 3:28 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i total agree..i dont believe in the bible or chruch but do heaven or hell..you make it what you want it type thing and wicca so tired of ppl sayig my kids are goign to be fu*ked up...or i am going to hell etc.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 3:28 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• YES YOU ALL NEED TO BE SAVED>>>LOOK AT HOW YOU TALK
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• at least we dont yell lol* sorry couldnt resist.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 3:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• What was wrong with the way I asked my question? Is it because I said I disagee with you?

I didn't mean to post anon.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:43 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• No, you don't need to be "saved". God loves you regardless of your religion!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:30 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I feel the same way, I believe I'm going to heaven when I die so what do I need to be saved from.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:45 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• A lot of people feel it's their religious duty and right to "save" us...so they don't care if we really want to hear it or not, they think we have the obligation to hear them out regardless of whether we give a crap. =oD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:48 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• 1. Not all of us are like Anon335.
    2. The word "Saved" is another word for saying we've received Salvation through Jesus Christ.
    3. It's not us as Christians who save you.. that can only be done through Jesus.
    4. The reason so many are "trying to save you" is not always out of self-righteousness but out of caring and not wanting a person to be lost
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• cont.
    5. I believe as a Christian we are to share the good news or the Gospel as instructed by Christ... some will accept and some will reject. If you accept great... if you reject... I just pray for that person. I also believe by not beating them over the head with "you're going to hell etc... most non-believers already know what Christians believe regarding heaven and hell".. if there ever comes a time in there life where they see something in mine that is so different and makes them want to know more... then that will be the time when an opportunity is opened up to share more.

BTW - for me... when I do share Christ or the Gospel.. it's out of love.
    bonn777