Microwave recommendations?

OK, our old microwave caught on fire today! So, we need a new one. Any recommendations? Especially if you have one that has stood up to a lot of use or is at least 3 years old and still working well.

Thanks in advance!!!

kjrn79

Asked by kjrn79 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Oh, and there are only a few true microwave manufacturers that make microwaves for many different names. GE doesn't make their own microwaves, someone else makes them FOR GE.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We have a GE that we've had since July 2002 and it's still running great!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Any microwave will be fine - what you need to look at is the wattage of the microwave. The higher the wattage the more efficient it will cook the food. You want something 1000 watts or more.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Sunbeam has always been good for us :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• oh god we have had our micro for 10+ years and its still going strong, its a.....(hold for checking brand)...... samsung
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We have had our microwave for a long time. It was a wedding present for my husband when he married his first wife. He and I have been together for about 15 years now so it is older than that. I don't even know what one to tell you to get. I would check consumer reports if I were you. Also keep an eye on sales.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 3:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• GE
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I honestly cannot think of the brand we have and i am not home, I would check some consumer reports.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:17 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My first one I bought 8/16/79! I recall that date. It was a Whirlpool. Back in the day that was a good company! It lasted me10 years! I currently have one made my Oyster. I got it at Target. Can't brag nor complain on it! Best of Luck to you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• GE
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 10:15 AM on Apr. 19, 2011