Has anyone out there had any sucsess with using those babysitting sites for find child care?

I'm having to go back after being a stay at home mom for 2 years now and I'm needing someone responsible to care for my two young boys between mine and my husbands shifts.

MelindaFeeney

Asked by MelindaFeeney at 10:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I haven't looked for a sitter through and child care finding sites, BUT a couple families have found me on there and I looooove watching there children. Make sure you ask for references from the sitter, and read the reviews, if any, on there profile. Sittercity.com is the one I use, but I believe that costs if you're a parent looking for a sitter.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We have found a company in our area that does sitting service and they are licensed and bonded. They require a 2 hour notice, with a minimum of 4 hours of sitting (or you pay for the 4 hours even if you didn't use it all) at 12 an hour, and a 10 dollar travel fee. that is almost 60 bucks to we are trying very very hard to avoid using them.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yes. Care.com

Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 1:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I am a childcare provider and I have found two childcare jobs using sittercity.com and care.com. Both families met me in a public place for the first meeting and then I visited the home. I gave them references and even had my fingerprints done for one family. Plus I had background checks done. Do not give any personal info out until you think there might be a match and correspond within the website messaging system until you decide you might match up. Private message me if you have more questions. Good luck!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:33 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yes, it does cost if you're a parent looking for a sitter. Which I think is strange. But it is what it is. I can't afford to pay for it right now and it sucks because I can't contact anyone or see any contact information. I can pretty much JUST see their profile.
    MelindaFeeney

Comment by MelindaFeeney (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I have had success as a babysitter...several wonderful families have found me from a couple different sites.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011