Would you take your lo away from his father to another country if he loves him dearly, and you do too?

I love DH and so does my son.. but I think I may be moving us to another country..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• It depends. Why are you thinking of moving to a different country?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• If the father wants a life with his child, I wouldn't take that away from the child.

As for leaving the country, you may have a problem doing so if the father contests.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• no. i would not take my kiddo away from their father unless the father was abusive towards the child. taking the kid to another country could cause the kid to become resentful. the precious bonding time the kid will miss with their father is priceless and lost time can never be regained.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Reason: it is my home country (and DH´s as well), but I did not grow up there, and we did not meet there, we met in USA: my LO and I are US Citizens, DH is not, we had to move to our home country when the economy tanked (because DH´s job did too, and I was a sahm). . . I am not fulfilled just staying home anymore, and our home country has very little opportunities...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• So, why is your DH not coming with you? I think I'm confused.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• He believes it is better for us where we are now.. he can provide stability, which I like... but I don´t like a lot of the other things that come along with living there..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• You can't take a child out of the country without the father's permission. That's kidnapping. He would have the child brought back.
    Anonymous

• He doesn´t have that right.. I am sure of that..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I would not take my children away from their father...especially if he is a good father...I don't think that is fair to him or the children
    JMO
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:12 AM on Apr. 17, 2011