Mental Hospital

Life has gone from bad to worse in the last week. I am pretty sure my marriage is over, and I have been through HELL and back with my Husband, I cant take it any longer. I dont want to kill myself but I am feeling like I am loosing control. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Mental Hospitals? I dont have insurance, if I get to the point I cant take it anylonger, and I go in volunterily will they accept me? If so how long will I be there? I need help and I dont have anyone to turn to or talk to. The people I have talked to just say oh it will get better, or its better to stay for the little ones, they are so young. I cant take this anymore. So any info on mental hospitals would be great thanks!

Ambear72

Asked by Ambear72 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Health

• it is better to get help and then be there for your little ones....

honestly I was sent to one before -- but it was when i was 14 ... so I am not sure how the adult ones work .. I would assume and hope that they will take you with or without insurance
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I dont think there is help anymore, but thank you for your response.
    Ambear72

Comment by Ambear72 (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I believe u need some form of insurance.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 10:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i would just go to the main hospital if you need anyone to talk to i'm here I've been in a mental hospital before but that was when i was 12
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 10:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Thanks Ladies.
    Ambear72

Comment by Ambear72 (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• can you go to a dr or counselor? Don't they HAVE to accept you???

honestly, maybe your dr can prescribe something for depression. Remember...you have little ones and THEY NEED THEIR MOMMY!!

Please keep us posted!
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Do you have a help line in your area? or some kind of outreach program? I would c heck into it, they might have the answers your looking for. I hope things turn around for you.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think if you go through the main hospital and tell them you are having a hard time coping then you could be admitted to a mental facility w/o insurance. Even though I hope you get help think about how it will look going to custody for hte little ones when the divorce is finalize?
    maybe try finding a counselor to talk to help you cope or a support group. A change in environment could help alot.
    conweis

Answer by conweis at 11:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• They will bill you or will apply for medicaid for you. They will keep you for a min of 72 hours. If they think you are a danger to yourself after that they will keep you but if not, they will let you leave when you want to leave. They made me leave after 2 weeks. They said it wasn't drug or alcohol related so my insurance said I had to go home (to all my stress again!)
    Anonymous

• Going into a mental hospital to get help doesn't mean that you are crazy. I know that there is a stigma about being in one but if you need the help, maybe you could contact your doctor and talk to him/her. I remember someone that I had known years ago. She went in to one to get help. After she was released, she told me that it was the best thing that she could have ever done for herself. She didn't regret it. The staff helped her and she learned how to handle the stress in her life. I am praying for you.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011