I'm new here, but wanted to know if anyone has ever met an actual friend on here and hangs out with them?

I'm a single SAHM well, unemployed actually ,lol trying out the new lingo, and I only have myself and kids not much family and no real friends I can relate or hangout with ,so I was just wondering.

SMITxsM2

Asked by SMITxsM2 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I haven't actually met anyone on here in real life. I actually prefer it this way since my life is so hectic all the time. I hope you find what you are looking for on here :) Their are so many great mommas to talk to.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I've met a GREAT friend on here...I think it would be so much fun to hang out with her but she lives damn near on the other side of the country lol....There doesnt seem to be anyone on here that lives near me...anyone I've connected to anyways but being a SAHM also {wink} I wouldnt pass up the opportunity if it presented itself
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I joined my local group and met some great moms. That was more northern Michigan.. it's a bit different south. I say find some groups in the area. That might be different.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I feel so lonely I have no cousins/siblings my age, I grew up in rough neighborhood at my grandparents house so I really was distance to my peers and wasn't allowed to go anywhere besides school and back, 2 very young kids, single, "baby daddy drama" up to here, out of work, mom's too busy with her men. Ugh! I just need someone I can trust and have fun with to get me out of the house and see the sunshine with for once lol!
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yeah I been poking around the website and one thing I can say there the moms on here are real cool and easy to talk to but I didn't notice there was a place to meet local moms thanks! and yeah just logging on and join in on an discussion is pretty good too since something always pulling my attention away from leaving the house I can't ever seem to get out the house on time for anything it takes me at least an hour more lol!
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• you might try meetup.com and search for moms' groups and play groups in your area. Plus go to your local library's story hour if your child is one or older. I met a good friend that way. Just ideas.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:54 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No. I met some fantastic women on here, though. So fantastic, that when I dropped my laptop in 2008 and it broke, they pitched in together and bought and sent me a new one. I didn't ask for it or know they were doing it, but they knew from conversations that I wouldn't be able to immediately replace it. I came home from work to find a FedEx box on my porch. I'm in NC, and they are in Ohio, California, Florida, and NY. We'll probably never meet, but I would like to - even though I'd be a nervous wreck about it.

Hope you find some new friends, just be careful about doing it online!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:55 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Awww, Thanks DusterMommy for sharing that with me, That was very inspirational and THANKS to all the CM's who are genuinely here to support, encourage, and share valuable information with us all!
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2011