should i say something or no?

my mom and my bf and my sister were talking about me. well my mom and my sister came at my bf...pretty much just talking shit and my sister kept comparing myself to her .... anyway she was talking a lot of crap about me to my bf and said "this is fun!"
meaning its fun to sit there and talk crap about her sister... im really hurt by this but its expected shes a big bitch... should i say something or no? i think i might just not even talk to her anymore... i dont want a negative person in my life like that... what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• i would ask y she was sitting there talking about me...and say something that might upset her and ask how does it feel...it dont feel nice.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 3:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I'm not a mean person most of the time but I'd have to tell her how you feel. To ask her if it makes her feel better to be putting someone else down all the time. That's what kids and insecure people do, they try to push other people lower to make themselves feel bigger and better. I don't recommend doing the same thing to her only because that would make you as mean as she is. Maybe you could say something like "and I always say nice things about you", "so touching sister". Does she do it with everyone or just him/your boyfriends? If it's just him, maybe she's jelous?
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:48 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I wouldn't have anyhing to do with either one of them, your life will be more peaceful.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:48 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I'd let them know why I was walking out of their lives.....
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:49 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I would let them know that you overheard them, and that you were very hurt by their behavior. If you feel like this is expected of her, then I would cut that person out of my life. If it doesn't surprise you that she would talk about you in that way, then she's obviously not bringin anything positive to your life. It stinks to lose family members, but sometimes they just aren't worth the stress and disappointment that they bring.
    adoptionsc

Answer by adoptionsc at 9:14 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Sounds like your sister is jealous and wants your boyfriend if she's comparing herself to you. It's like she's trying to make your boyfriend think bad about you and making herself look good by saying "look what you could have". Just watch her and your boyfriend together. I know if it were me I wouldn't leave them alone together.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I think I'd confront her too. FInd a way to be tough without being mean and reasonable without being wimpy. Take the highroad "I would never pull a stunt like that on you. You're my sister, you're supposed to be there for me, not biting my back every chance you get. What could I have possibly done to you to make you treat me so terribly." If that doesn't work you can pull out something like "You know everyone always says your a bitch but I never believed them, I used to defend you..."
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• it actually sounds like she is jealous of you ,I would ignore her childish behaviour and be the bigger person ,she will soon come a cropper ,people like her usually do , so dont do anything ,just let her dig her own grave .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 10:00 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• DO ALL OF THE ABOVE BUT IN A DIFFERENT ORDER. AND LET HER HAVE, CAUSE YOU ALREADY DECIDED NOT TO SPEAK TO HER FOR A WHILE. RIGHT...AND CHECK THAT BOYFRIEND TOO CAUSE HE SHOULDN'T BEEN RUNNING HIS MOUTH EITHER. BACK TO THAT SISTER OF YOURS, IT SOUNDS LIKE SHE KNEWN FOR SCREWING OTHER PEOPLES MANS, YOUR MAN MUST BE ON HER TO DO LIST. SO RUN FAR THE OTHER WAY FROM YOUR SIS. SHE DON'T KNOW IT EITHER BUT SHE GOT A PERSONAL PROBLEM WITH YOU AND SHE NEED TO CLEAR THAT UP TO. CAUSE HOW THEY" HER, HIM, MOM" JUST BRING YOU UP IN THEY CON, AND 9 TIMES OUT OF 10 THEY, THE WOMEN STARTED IT.
    SIMPLEMOMA

Answer by SIMPLEMOMA at 10:30 AM on Dec. 2, 2008