• In the Spotlight:

I think we should go

I think it's time to take my DD to Disney World. I'm 5 months pregnant and my DD is 22 months old. Therefore, this is our last chance to go before the new baby comes and we won't have to pay for anything for my DD other than food of course. It will cost us about $2000 for plane tickets, hotel room, and tickets into the park for me and my hubby. My hubby says she too young. I told him that this trip would be for us to see her face light up. I know we won't be able to do everything, nor do I want to. I would just take it slow and let my DD enjoy the magical experience.

So, do you think it's a waste of money? Would you do it? Keep in mind we have the money to do it and plan to go to Disney several times with our children. Oh and I forgot to mention that my hubby has his last vacation before the baby during the first week of May ... so that's when we would go. Any comments welcome :)

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would do it! It sounds like fun and I'm sure your DD will enjoy it immensely!
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Mine will be 3 in Nov, I'm taking her in July.
    However, only spending 2 grand, that's really cheap.

We're going for 7 days to Orlando...plane tickets, tickets into the park for me and DH it running us 1200 (3 day pass to DW). We have a time share, so I can't imagine the hotel prices. Our budget is 2000 for that only.

How are you budgeting this so cheaply? I want to know so I can save some moola lol
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We would only go for 4 nights, 3 days at disney .... no park hopper passes and all that jazz. Plane tickets are about $250 a piece right now and the hotel with park tickets will total about $1300, staying at Port Orleans. So, that's $1800 ... god knows what hidden fees we'll run into so that's why I rounded up. I haven't included food and souvenirs so I'm sure the vacation will run about $2500-$3000 all together.
    kaylan010

Comment by kaylan010 (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Make sure you budget food in there somewhere...you're probably looking at 23-2400 for the trip then.

Gotcha on the 3 day pass thing. My hubby works for the gov't so we get a discount and I was like "holy snap, gimme you secret" rofl.

You should go, because at age 3...you have to pay for your child lol
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We waited until ours were older and tall enough to enjoy more rides. We went twice. Personally I would wait. Is there someplace not as big that could be a compromise treat for her now? Jsut ideas..........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:49 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• well if you have the money either way and you plan on going more then go for it eve3n if its for you and your ol man we went when my youngest was like 9 months and so he didnt enjoy anything but everyone else did the bad part is he wont remember it and it was probably a once in a lifetime thing for me but if you cant take her more she will enjoy it and remember it more later and there will always be pictures id go
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• i know it sounds fun but honestly this is not the best time to go. you will be miserable walking around pregnant in the heat and i also think she is to young. there is not much there for her to do and she wont want to be in the heat all day she will be crabby. im still waititng to take mine till they can really enjoy it and mine are 6, 4 and 2. i cant imagine walking around with a 2 year old all day when they are the onlyones who are riding. wait till she is around 4-5 then the baby will be 2ish and someone can be with the baby while dd has fun and you can see how little there is for a 2 year old
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Well I just moved form cali where they have Disney Land, and there really aint that much rides that she would be able to ride on. because you have to be a certain hieght and so forth. I think mayb wait 3 more years and have a family hay day!!
    Manda725

Answer by Manda725 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• We just took our kids to Disneyland in September. Our kids were almost 5, barely 3 and barely 1. Our youngest could ride everything the rest of us wanted to. Obviously, he couldn't ride the roller coaster, but I don't like those anyway. He rode Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted Mansion, everything in Fantasyland. We had to sit with him (and the other two) of course, but i was very impressed with how much there was for him to do. We are planning another trip around Christmas. If you can afford it, I'd go for it. We don't regret going at all.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 12:02 AM on Apr. 18, 2011