How do you stop a tattle tale

well long story but my nephew has been staying at my house alot lately and hes 6 and tattles on everyone all the time but especially my 3 yr old and he says hes hitting him all the time well i have cuagyht him lying bout it before and my son is also a wrestler so he likes to play like that and my nephew only wants to when it works for him and any other time hes tattling i have had it

flipper4u21

Asked by flipper4u21 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Punish both equally. My mother did this to us. Yes I was the tattle tale! lol. But she said if we aren't dying or killing someone then don't tell. And if we did we both got punished equally. One for doing something wrong, the other for tattling.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• well part of the problem is he makes up lies and people arent always doing what he says
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 8:59 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Then he gets punished for the lies. Which IMO are one of the worst things he can do and is dealt with the harshest of punishments.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:17 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• thats how i feel bout it also thats really almost the only thing my older kids get whooped for but its not my kid so i wont whoop and hes mainly doing it to my three yr old which has speech problems so i dont know if hes lying or not
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2011