Instead of snatching up other peoples kids what to do

what can you do when someone elses kids just refuses to do something at your house like clean up mess before they go home or whatever if it was my kid first of all they wouldnt refuse me anything and if they ever thought they would try id snatch um quick and they would be doing it and by the way the child im specifically talkn about is 8 but really any age

flipper4u21

Asked by flipper4u21 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• You can always refuse to let the child come over. If it's not my kid I don't feel right yelling at them, but I WILL be firm and insistent. I've also told the neighbor kids that if they don't help clean up their mess they made they will not be able to come back. I've also talked with the parents and gotten full support from them in dealing with kids.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I agree if you can't help clean up you don't come back, if they still don't tell their parents they are not welcomed back because they can not help clean up messes they make. And your not a maid.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 11:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I have no problem telling DD's guests they have to help clean up after themselves. If their parents have a problem with it they can keep their kids home.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I had a problem with a neighbor child not wanting to help clean up the mess. I called her Mom, who I happen to be friends with.She marched her DD little behind right back over! Never had a problem since!
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 2:43 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• well the mom was here also and told him to clean it but he refused to listen to her also and im not just talking bout cleaning just anything if they refuse to listen and i had a family gathering is why they were here and one of the kids live here part time although that is a good ideal not my best option here and i refuse to touch other peoples kids
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 8:29 AM on Apr. 17, 2011