Sex after birth?

So I know I'm suppose to be waiting 6 weeks, but to be honest I'm more horny now then I was before I got pregnant! I want sex! (lol sorry but I do) What exactly are the rules to this whole 6 week thing? I'm on my second week, bleeding about a half-whole pad a day. I also had no tearing of any sort during the birth.

Please none of those "your stupid or being selfish" remarks.

I'm just seriously curious, since this is my first birth.

Also, when can I start working out.

And add in if you know, what would happen if I did engage in sex now?

Smexkitten

Asked by Smexkitten at 3:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• With my first born I waited like 4 weeks, but I also tore a lot and had stitches, With my second, I didn't tear, so I think it was two, maybe three weeks. If you feel like your okay, and ready, I would wait til your done bleeding before having sex. Just remember that you can get pregnant again, so be safe =D
    Nora1

Answer by Nora1 at 4:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yea I agree with Nora on the be safe part. My BF had to leave town for a bit but i doubt we wouldv'e made it the whole 6 weeks. . I know A LOT of people that didn't either and never had any thing happen. I would just wait til the bleeding stopped but thats just me.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 4:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Your insides still need the time to rest and recover, and if you push it, it could end up in the long run causing problems and making it take even longer to heal.

I'm not trying to be too personal, but if you really really really can't wait, sex doesn't have to mean intercourse, you and your partner could be intimate physically in other ways.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I pushed things with my first. Long story short, I had been induced, was in labor for a long time, and ended up having a c-section. We weren't being sexually active (I still had staples in my abdomen), but I was pushing it physically. Nothing to severe, or so I thought, because I felt fine, etc. I ended up back in the hospital for 2 days with a uterine infection.

I know it's not the same thing, but the point is, honestly, there's a reason they want you to wait, so I would, just to be safe.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:40 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I know just how you feel. After my first, I waited a week and a half (LOL) and everything was fine. I had dissolving stitches, they were gone, so I figured I was healed enough. We took things really slow and it went off without a hitch (so to speak...LOL). Just make sure you are comfortable and if it hurts you in any way you should stop.
    mommybush

Answer by mommybush at 5:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I waited like 4 weeks thats all my dh could wait lol. but i had stiches but with my c-section we only waited like 3 wks.You really have to judge that,weither your sore or whatever.I know one of my uncles (he was a total ass) he made my aunt give him some the day she came home from the hospital,he was pissed she wouldnt do it right there in the hospital.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• You do need to wait till you stop bleeding. Then have fun!!! When I went into see my Dr for my 6 weeks post pard check up he actually had asked me if I was having any pain having sex, so he wasn't expecting me to wait the whole 6 weeks!
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 8:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I've only waited the full 6 weeks twice. Didn't hurt anything.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i only waited a week and a half my husband was deployed when i had our lil girl and got to home home a week after she was born but only for two weeks and i wasnt goin to see him again for almost a year so yea i wasnt goin to wait it hurt a lil at first but when things go goin it didnt hurt good luck
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 10:21 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I think the main reason for waiting is to make sure that your uterus has recovered fully. If you have sex before it's healed or if it's still slighly open more than usual you run the risk of getting a pretty bad infection.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 10:30 AM on Dec. 2, 2008