Would you be mad?...

if your MIL acted like she only had one grandchild when you have 5 kids? She has this 1 favorite that she takes out to do stuff and has over to her house and leaves the other 4 out. Its not fair and it pisses me off. She knows how I feel. Funny thing is my dh said that when he was a kid she freaked if his dads family didn't treat his little brother like he was equal even though he was not even related to them at all. So what would you do?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 11:47 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• You need to put a stop to that! If they aren't ALL welcome, NONE can go!
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I wouldn't let her take the favorite at all. I'd tell her you either take them all out to do something..or you take none of them.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 11:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I'd ask her why and explain its painful to the kids to be left out.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• shoot her , ---just kidding , i got same issue with 2 kids , when i see it messing one up it will come to a screeching halt.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My mom does that all of the time and because makes so much trauma I just let it go.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think you'll have to put your foot down before one of the other kids gets hurt. It could hurt the "favorite", too. No kid needs a big ego...
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 11:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Well the issue now is that the oldest and favorite child has moved out so now she thinks it's fine but my other kids still hear about it and then I get furious. I texted her today and said...might want to tell Ash not to brag about getting to hang out with you guys, it's not fair to the other kids. I got no response. I think she is totally ignoring me. Her husband can be the biggest jerk too, if he knew it irritated me he would purposely do it more. UUGHHHHHH>
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• NO !!!

ALL HER GRANDCHILDREN ?

Treat them equal, or BAN HER !!!!
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Hahah thanks mamas. I cAn't say, well you can't take any of them, BECAUSE SHE NEVER DOES!!! LOL
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• This has been a problem in my family on both sides, my moms mom and my dads mom. My dads mom acts like my brother is the only one accomplishing things...she always asks him about his life and then when it comes to me she only asks me about my daughter. Not that thats a bad thing but I have accomplished a lot in my life thus far and she acts like it is nothing. My mom's mom loves kids but since she and my mom have problems she acts like she doesn't have a grandchild, doesnt give a crap about my daughter but writes and travels across the country to see her other grandkids. The only thing I can say I do to get past it is realize that sometimes your family is who you make it...you have friends and other family members who are close and those are the people that matter in your life. Dont waste time on a person who would treat family that way. They will die lonely. Sorry to be so blunt.
    MaddyTaylor

Answer by MaddyTaylor at 12:19 AM on Apr. 17, 2011