Kids won't sleep!!

okay, so my son is 19 months and has a lot of trouble sleeping in his own bed, always kind of has. He won't fall asleep on his own, he needs a drink and to be with us out in the living room or in our bed.

Lately, we've been waiting til he falls asleep then move him into his bed. But no matter where he is, he almost always wakes up at around two, every night. Now what really sucks is that our 6 month old daughter is starting to have the same issue. She can normally fall asleep alone in her crib. She was sleeping like 12 hours straight ( =D) but not anymore.

She's waking up after like 3-4 hours. My husband works late nights and I work days so either way, one of us isn't getting the sleep they need and we can't keep this up anymore.

Any help??

Sorry so long....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly I have the same problem w/ my 4 yr old..... Shes doing better now..... I let her pick out a movie to watch in her room (she has to have a sippy cup too) and she falls asleep watching TV

My 7 yr old son would litterally stay up all night if i let him watch TV, so for him what works best is lights off, no TV....he gets upset sometimes but he falls asleep. Its weird, I think all kids are different, just be firm and try to keep them in their own beds....good luck :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2008