Where do you find motivation?

I am having the most difficult time finishing the last 3 weeks of school. I seem to have shut down, not only in school but also in work and I have let myself go as far as eating what I want and not exercising enough. Im afraid that this behaivor will only continue or even get worse after I finaly graduate! Where do you all find your motivation to keep going...to keep up with life and kids?

MaddyTaylor

Asked by MaddyTaylor at 12:02 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Health

• being a role model for my daughter =]]
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• sometimes i dont , i just go thru the motions knowing it will pass --but i never REALLY lose the motivation of loving my son .
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• It can sure be tough-this is my last semester for a year, so I totally understand! You don't want to undo all of your hard work that you've put in all these weeks. I know for me, I CANNOT let my GPA go down. So I have to schedule time to study with no distractions, particularly toward the end of the semester. Think of it as the finish line of a race- you've been running all this way, and you are SO tired, your legs are killing you, and your lungs feel like they may burst. But the end is in sight, and you dig down deep to find that last bi of energy hiding somewhere and go all out to the finish. You can do it! Make it happen, mama!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:19 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• The shine in my kids' eyes, the first morning sun (if I've had enough sleep!); a hot shower first thing in the day; in doing something unexpected but fun!
    TheWaxQueen

Answer by TheWaxQueen at 12:19 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• My motivation is my son. I know that I have to keep going for him.
    LovinMySon84

Answer by LovinMySon84 at 2:50 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• If you find out, let me know!
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I just take it one day at a time. I set small daily goals and make a list. I find motivation in checking them off my list.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 7:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Just decide to do it. Ignore past failings and vow that today is a day to be different. If you get too stuck in a rut, consider seeing a counselor for awhile. A good therapist will help you find out what went on in your childhood that is influencing your behavior now. Being aware of the cause helps you stop the bad behavior.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 7:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I just make myself do it. Once I do, I feel much better!
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 18, 2011