What could be wrong? please help if u can...

Okay my 15 month old has this rash on his face that comes and goes. Its like a red patch and comes back in the same exact spot everytime which is at the top of each cheek and is coming up in the middle of his forehead between his eyes. His dr said its probably allergies but I have researched that and found nothing!!!

And then like six red spots (not like on his face) came up on his neck. They were flat, u couldn't feel them. But the next day they turned into bumps.

He is really ill, whines and cries all the time and cant sleep like he's hurting or something. He will wake up screaming and when I pick him up his muscles are like tense.

His nose bled yesterday and today. it was just a little bit tho, it didn't like run boody it was just brely hanging out of his nose (tmi sorry :-/)

He hasn't had any fever but I am getting really worried. He has had 2 cat scans and a chest xray since he has been born and is 15 months old. And I've heard that xrays/catscans can cause cancer so that's the main thng that is worrying me ):

Also he doesn't want to eat alot, just a few bites at a time and I have to make him.

PLEASE HELP ME IF U CAN until I can talk to his dr Monday!!

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Fifth disease causes a 'slapped cheek' rash and other lacy rashes on the body, as well as cold-type symptoms. Maybe google that and see if the rash seems to fit? It's just a virus, but can be hazardous if a women contracts it during pregnancy, so if he does have fifth and has been around any pregnant women, let them know to speak to their doctor.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• sounds like heat rash maybe
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 12:23 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I have looked at fifths disease and friend told me she thpught that's what it was, but it doesn't look exactly ike that. Like not as big. The spots r as big as a nickel. But do they go away and come back in the same spot?

I have also thought it was heat rash but it keeps coming back...
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• It sounds like allergies to me, esp the being in pain and not wanting to eat. I would take him to another dr that seems to want to find out more then just say its allergies. Good Luck!
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 12:30 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would say fifth disease also. It is very contagious.
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• my daughter possibly has ezcazma. My friend suggested bendryl, said if it is an allergy, then the benadryl will clear it up.

I am taking my daughter for her 2nd round of allergy screening this week, so hopefully I'll get some answers soon.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Have you kept a food diary in case it is related to some foods? just an idea..........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• CALL YOUR PEDIATRICIAN!!!! They are open on the weekend for emergencies!
    Tiewaz

Answer by Tiewaz at 1:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• i would think like exzema also
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• it honestly sounds like a virus or allergies. we have a few kids at our daycare that break out in huge rashes every year because of allergies. they have been to the doctor a few times and found nothing but every year the rash comes back.. and if it is allergies they could make him feel horrible almost like the flu. talk to your doc about some allergy meds for him and see if it helps him.
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2011