Anhyone know of a carpet steamer that gets really hot steam going, and yet sucks up all the water too?

TheWaxQueen

Asked by TheWaxQueen at 12:21 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I feel like my answer was too brief so whatever it's worth....here's my advise. Call around and get pricing you'd be surprised how cheap you can get a carpet cleaner. If he says he doesn't use soap tell him to shake the container and prove it. Soap and detergents are really cheap. He should be a green company. No residue =clean carpet. A good carpet cleaner is worth the price of his unit..without extraction, heat, and knowledge he is just an ordinary Joe. Believe me there are tons of them out there, too. Unfortuately the industry is flooded with guys trying to make a quick buck. Keep in mind its a low cost cheap start up price that attracts all sorts. Don't allow anyone to dump their tanks on your streets, and go to the IICRC website and find certified cleaners in your area then shop them..
    Hope that helps.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 6:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• My Bissell Pro Heat works really well. It's my second one. I loved my first one so much that I bought a second one with different accessories.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:23 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Nothing you use in your home is worth anything if you are putting a detergent into your carpet. Save the soap for the laundry.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 12:47 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• There are a lot of good carpet cleaners out there that you can use but most of them just use hot water from your tap, they don't actually heat up the water. They also do not get all the water up off the floor. If you have a carpet area that is that bad that you are looking for something super powerful I would call a professional carpet cleaner and see if what they would charge. I would call around too. My Mom used Stanley Steamer and they were very pricey and they also did not get out all the stains like the promised.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 3:15 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• we usually rent a rug dr or hire someone to come in and do it.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 8:04 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Bissell Pro Heat
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:51 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have no clue.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:16 AM on Apr. 18, 2011