35 weeks pregnant, pls answer

so im 35 weeks and last wks dr appointment said that my mucus plug was spilling, i was wondering if anyone has had this and how long does it usually take before labor?

tracyv1990

Asked by tracyv1990 at 12:42 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No idea.

They stripped my membranes...and 24 hours later, my water broke. So bump
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 12:44 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• at how many weeks were you when ur membranes were stripped?
    tracyv1990

Comment by tracyv1990 (original poster) at 12:44 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Losing your mucus plus isn't a sign of imminent labor. For some women, it happens in the second trimester, even (it often regenerates when that happens), or it can happen while in labor. There's no way to tell from that, or any other signs (ie being dilated, dropping, etc). It all varies so widely that you really don't know when you'll go into labor until you go into labor! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:45 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• As Musicpisces said loosing your mucus plug is no indication of impending labor because it regenerates.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:05 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• i lost my mucus plug around 38-39 weeks and ended up being induced 10 days after my due date..so just like PP, losing your mucus plug isnt a sign of impending labor..whenever baby is ready..
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 1:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• i am 36 weeks and i have been border line about to be in active labor for 3 1/2 weeks now. i lost my plug 2 weeks ago but i am on procardia to prolong birth until at least 37 weeks. I have allllll the symptoms but the meds keep me from dilating. i hate to say it but you probably are not going into labor very soon but no one can know! GL
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 9:33 AM on Apr. 17, 2011