Why won't my 2 year old sleep through the night?

Asked by snsulli78 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Good question. Why won't mine either? If you find a solution feel free to let me in on it. And vise versa.

Answer by Nanixh at 12:47 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yeah, sounds about like my 2 year old! He's fine between us, but in his own bed, most nights he wakes up a few times. He still comes to our bed after a certain point.

Answer by musicpisces at 12:51 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Hunger? Wet? Needs to poop? Bad dreams? 2nd yr molars? Noises? Just lonely? All sorts of possible reasons.

Answer by klickitykat at 1:23 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• When my son was 2 I had the same question. Now I ask, "Why doesn't my 3 1/2 year old sleep through the night?" He wakes up for no apparent reason and comes to our bed. If I am awake I take him back to his and 8 out 10 times he will stay there the rest of the night. But there are nights that I don't even know that he is there until I wake up.

Answer by JamieLK at 1:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• well a couple solutions for you from experience let them stay up a little bit later and everytime they get up take them right back to bed especially if they are doing it to climb in bed with you

Answer by flipper4u21 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• lol if u find the answer let me know! my dd is up at least 2 times a night and most of the time ends up in our bed!

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• if he is too tired he wont sleep increase nap time or make him start napping again. Yes I know this sounds stupid but it worked like a charm with my 3 yr old. asleep at 930 every night now. no fights and no tantrums.

Answer by opinionatedmom at 2:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• mine dont either, he never has. so please let me know when you find out cuz immm soooooooooo tired

Answer by aschwarz06 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2011