Why won't my 2 year old sleep through the night?

snsulli78

Asked by snsulli78 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Good question. Why won't mine either? If you find a solution feel free to let me in on it. And vise versa.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:47 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yeah, sounds about like my 2 year old! He's fine between us, but in his own bed, most nights he wakes up a few times. He still comes to our bed after a certain point.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:51 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Hunger? Wet? Needs to poop? Bad dreams? 2nd yr molars? Noises? Just lonely? All sorts of possible reasons.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 1:23 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• When my son was 2 I had the same question. Now I ask, "Why doesn't my 3 1/2 year old sleep through the night?" He wakes up for no apparent reason and comes to our bed. If I am awake I take him back to his and 8 out 10 times he will stay there the rest of the night. But there are nights that I don't even know that he is there until I wake up.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• well a couple solutions for you from experience let them stay up a little bit later and everytime they get up take them right back to bed especially if they are doing it to climb in bed with you
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• lol if u find the answer let me know! my dd is up at least 2 times a night and most of the time ends up in our bed!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• if he is too tired he wont sleep increase nap time or make him start napping again. Yes I know this sounds stupid but it worked like a charm with my 3 yr old. asleep at 930 every night now. no fights and no tantrums.
    opinionatedmom

Answer by opinionatedmom at 2:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• mine dont either, he never has. so please let me know when you find out cuz immm soooooooooo tired
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2011