'Roids, have you had them, how do you deal with them?

No, not trolling, I'm being serious. First time in my life and I think I have hemorrhoids. Actually, it's been an off and on thing since I had my son 5 weeks ago. I tried eating more fiber, drinking more water, stool softeners, and I'm about out of idea's. Anyone else have anything tried and true that they've done to get rid of them? I'm going to have to get some cream or something tomorrow.

Nanixh

Asked by Nanixh at 12:52 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Health

• Man!!! I've been having them off and on since I've gotten pregnant and I have NO IDEA what to do about them but it's irritating as hell....DH says to drink more water but that doesnt seem to be helping either...when you find out you let me know okay? lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:54 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Call your doc and ask for suppositories. They really are not bad. You can't even feel them and they really bring relief. Do not take any Iron supplements because this will make everything much worse.
    Keep up with the stool softeners, and increase the dosage if you need to. Even take a mild laxative at night if you need to for a while just to make sure you are not straining and your stool is soft and easy to pass. (Make sure to check about the laxative if you're breastfeeding though).
    Try an anti-itch cream, or witchazel (spelling), or tucks.
    DarlaHood

Answer by DarlaHood at 1:09 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I had them off and on ever since my son's birth and they are terrrrrrrrrrrible.
    "Miralax" is the only thing that works, and your bum cannot get dependent on it.
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 1:14 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Sounds crazy, but Vicks Vapor Rub helps more than anything.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:21 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Take a daily probiotic to reblance your gut.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Once you get hemorrhoids they never really go away, all they do is shrink and flare up. You want to avoid getting constipated, so you need to drink lots of water, maybe take a stool softener, and increase your fiber. If you get them, you can try suppositories to help shrink them, and buy some cream (Prep H for example) to help with the pain. Take warm bath with salt water (epsom salt) to help as well.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 7:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I've never had them (knock on wood). Good luck!
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 10:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2011