What did you do before...

What's the most appalling meal that you ate on a regular basis before you started to lose weight, that you never even batted an eye at?
I consider now how much I ate at breakfast- 1-2 huge bowls of cereal with 2 pieces of buttered toast. I never realized just how much I was eating! Portion control is HUGE!!

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 1:09 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I could make you a whole list here, seriously. I don't know how I didn't know it was so bad, except maybe that this is America and what I was doing isn't out of the ordinary...
    -Papa John's pizza. DH and I would order 2 larges, I'd eat at least 3/4 of one of them, along with 3 or 4 breadsticks dipped in the cheese sauce.
    -Golden Corral Buffet, once or twice a week. For those of you unfamiliar w/ the hog trough, it's mostly southern cooking, a huge buffet of fried EVERYTHING, plus mashed potatoes, corn, rolls/biscuits, and a giant dessert bar.
    -Mexican food. Also once or twice a week. Stuff myself with fried corn chips and sour cream BEFORE the meal, then completely clean my plate of burritos, enchiladas, and fried rice.
    -Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Yum!!! I'd by the "reduced fat", so you know, that made it okay to go ahead and eat half the carton in one sitting.
    I feel like such a pig typing this out!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• The Cheesecake Factory...the name says it all....*groan* I love me some cheesecake. I haven't had a piece in about 3 years.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• You are right, portion control is so important.
    That is one of my problems, I eat too much, I eat until I'm uncomfortable.
    It is important to be able to recognize when I have had enought to eat.
    Measuring and weighing food is a PITA, but well worth it, that way you know exactly how much you are having.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I feel you! I could clean my plate at the Cheesecake Factory, after sharing an appetizer, then eat a whole slice of cheesecake! Those plates are HUGE! Now looking at the calories, I was eating about 4000 calories in a sitting when we'd go!
    Buffets I generally avoided, because I did know the dangers of that, but when I did go, it was BAAAAD.
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• hello iam natrurally built small person my mother and sister got the heavy part in our family but from what i know if you eat alot of potatoes ,pasta and breads you get heavier so maybe eat lighter foods as in wonderful green salads which is what i eat and fresh fruits and not so much sodas which is my bad thing cause even if you are small built and not heavy or need to lose weight it can cause problems for you.also i take this you should try it my doctor swars by it he says it will help you loose weight and feel younger it works for me ACAI 90%pure berry liquid dietary supplement 12 0unces mix it with your favorite fruit drink or smoothie it tastes nasty by itself ok try it it will clean you out and that makes you healthy and losses weight have a good day.
    sunshine961

Answer by sunshine961 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• the most appealing meal was chicken fried steak and mash potatoes and country gravy but dont get any ideals it might make you gain weight the potatoes arent good if you want to loses weight alot of pasta and potatoes stuff like that put on the weight so does breads of all kinds have agreat day much love and peace from dawn.
    sunshine961

Answer by sunshine961 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2011