Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fell down stairs update

A few days ago I had posted a question about my back. I had fallen down the stairs, landed on my back and am now having pain up and down my spine when I bend over or pick things up. I went to see my doctor and she gave me 800mg advil for inflammation. The pills do help with the pain but if I don't take them the pain is worse than before I was taking them and now my chest is starting to hurt esp. When I pick up heavier things (the chest pain may be unrelated to the back) what should I do now?

Answer Question

Asked by kvanness0824 at 1:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Health

Level 9 (305 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • make another appointment with your doctor and go and get checked out again

    Answer by mamawilbur at 1:32 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

  • I think that you should make an appointment to see a different doctor because you sound like you maybe pulls something out of place. Hopefully you didn't hurt your spine or your ribs. they should have given you an x-ray. maybe webmd can help you on more suggestions until you are able to be seen by the doctor again. keep me posted.

    Answer by yummysmummy at 1:35 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

  • I would call the doctor's office and tell them about the chest pain. They will probably want you to come back in.

    Answer by Peajewel at 4:42 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

  • see the doc again. Did he do x-rays?

    Answer by elasmimi at 9:20 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

  • No they didn't do xrays. The doctor didn't think the pain was bad enough to need xrays done.

    Comment by kvanness0824 (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

  • I would go back to the dr. Maybe see a chiropractor

    Answer by Sarahb21 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.