Fell down stairs update

A few days ago I had posted a question about my back. I had fallen down the stairs, landed on my back and am now having pain up and down my spine when I bend over or pick things up. I went to see my doctor and she gave me 800mg advil for inflammation. The pills do help with the pain but if I don't take them the pain is worse than before I was taking them and now my chest is starting to hurt esp. When I pick up heavier things (the chest pain may be unrelated to the back) what should I do now?

kvanness0824

Asked by kvanness0824 at 1:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Health

• make another appointment with your doctor and go and get checked out again
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 1:32 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I think that you should make an appointment to see a different doctor because you sound like you maybe pulls something out of place. Hopefully you didn't hurt your spine or your ribs. they should have given you an x-ray. maybe webmd can help you on more suggestions until you are able to be seen by the doctor again. keep me posted.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 1:35 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would call the doctor's office and tell them about the chest pain. They will probably want you to come back in.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 4:42 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• see the doc again. Did he do x-rays?
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:20 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No they didn't do xrays. The doctor didn't think the pain was bad enough to need xrays done.
    kvanness0824

Comment by kvanness0824 (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would go back to the dr. Maybe see a chiropractor
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 18, 2011