Why did you.....

Most moms choose to have children close together or far apart. What did you choose and why? I had all 5 of mine 2 years or less apart. I wanted them to be close in age so they would always have a friend. I also wanted to get all the diapers, potty training, etc. out of the way so once I was done I wouldn't have to do it again.

lovinlifewith5

Asked by lovinlifewith5 at 1:45 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• My son and daughter (son coming in June) will be 4 yrs apart...I would have rather them be closer together then that but it took me a year to get pregnant after getting off of depo.....but now I know better then to get on depo again lol...so our next child should hopefully be only a year or two younger then this one
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:56 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• between my first and second there is 1 1/2 years, between second and third there is 2 1/2 years, and between third and fourth there is 3 1/2 years, im been forever in nappies and toilet training for it feels like the whole 10 years!!!
    broken_33

Answer by broken_33 at 1:56 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• My daughter is five and I'm due in a month with baby #2. We started TTC when she was two and a half, but things weren't as easy as we anticipated. The good thing about the age gap is my daughter is very helpful. Although I wish they'd been closer, I just feel blessed to get this little boy.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:35 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I didn't plan the spaces between my kids. I just suck at keeping up with my birth control. The only one we sort of planned was #4.
    There are 15 months, 13 months, 3 1/2 years and 4 years between our kids. They are almost 10, 9, 8, 5 and 9 months now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:39 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• We would have like our kids closer together, but life had other ideas. We're about to start TTC now, so our kids will be about 3 1/2 years apart if we get pregnant soon. If we don't, we have to hold off for at least 2 more years, so our kids will be closer to 6 years apart. It's all a matter of my schooling. When we decided to have our son, our family was in a different place than we are now (thanks to the economy and job situations), and we planned to have kids that were closer together.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:46 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• DD is 2.5 now and we won't be having another baby anytime soon because I'm in college full time and we live in VA (assisted home births are illegal, which we didn't find out until I got pregnant with DD). We won't be having another until we're living in a state where assisted home births are legal.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:02 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• My 1st is 7 years older than my 2nd....definitely not by choice, I was told I couldn't have anymore children, then was lucky enough to get pregnant.....and, managed to have a third 2 years later.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:54 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Our children will be a little over 5 years apart. (DD turns 5 in August, the new one's due in December) Honestly, we didn't really plan it, it's just how it happened. We wanted to wait till we were settled a bit more (moved to a new state) and a little more stable finances wise. I finally told my husband, this is as stable as we're getting, let's start trying.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:17 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• My first 2 will be at least 4 years apart....since my son is 3 and I'm not PG yet.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• My first and second are 2 1/2 years apart and we are planning for our third to be to be the same way. I think 2 1/2 years is god for us, not too close but not too far.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2011