Does you family drink bottled water? Why or why not?

We drink tap water. I think bottled water is a waste of money and have been told by more than one dr. that it isn't any healthier than tap water.

lovinlifewith5

Asked by lovinlifewith5 at 1:48 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I buy a 24 pack of waters for $3 about every other week. I keep them in the trunk of my car so that I always have water on me. Before I got pregnant it was because I would go places and forget to pack a drink and then spend $1.25 on a bottle of water or a pop. It was way cheaper to just keep the waters in there, and healthier since I was always drinking water instead of Diet Coke. Since I've been pregnant, I have contractions if I get dehydrated, so this way I don't have to always remember to pack my water bottle and I have no excuse for not drinking water while out running about. At home we drink tap water.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:32 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• i do not know why but my family drinks more water when we have bottled water than when we dont have the bottled water... so i dont mind buying the bottled water if it makes my kids drink water without a hassle..
    SHELL28

Answer by SHELL28 at 2:23 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• When we drink regular water, it's tap, but we love flavored water
    joanie70

Answer by joanie70 at 6:30 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yes we do. We don't have very good tap water, and I'm not drinking something that doesn't taste good.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• We filter our water. The water here is bad, and buying bottled is expensive and hard on our planet.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 2:01 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• My dh drinks it but tap water is fine for me.  I did a taste test on dh..Tap water versus bottled and I used several glasses with 1 sample of bottled and 3 samples of tap.  He couldnt tell the difference.

DatilPepperMom

Answer by DatilPepperMom at 2:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yes when we are out shopping or something I buy bottled water. At home we have a filter pitcher. I can usually tell when its tap water. Tap water has nasty stuff in it and just tastes wrong. Filtered or spring water is so much better!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• We have a Brita filter.
    LovinMySon84

Answer by LovinMySon84 at 2:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• We have been for the past 2 years because we kept getting letters from the town saying that the water was contaminated and something about carcinogens. We haven't gotten one in about 10 months now (we were getting them every 4-6 months), so when our stockpile of bottles runs out (we're Sam's Club shoppers lol) we'll be going back to our Brita pitcher and reusable bottles. I can't wait! We only have like 40 bottles left, so hopefully in a couple of days we'll be back to our pitcher. I've felt sooooo guilty for it because I've used filtered water and reusable bottles since jr. high.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No we don't drink bottled water...I refuse to pay for something that I'm already getting for free lol....we do have a filter on the faucet though...since we live in kind of a rural area
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:59 AM on Apr. 17, 2011