If you are pro-life,what do you think is the root reason why abortions happen? adult content

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 2:46 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• selfishness
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I think that ONE of the main reasons abortions take place is people using an abortion as a form of birth control....I understand that there are other reason's that people have abortions but I think that alot of women (some of whom I know) get them all willy nilly because they just don't want to be careful enough to protect themselves properly. JMO
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• A lack of personal responsibility.... which I suppose piggybacks onto selfishness a bit.

With the obvious exception of rape (which you should've taken the morning after or "Plan B" pill for if you were really raped and reported it and aren't bullshitting to feel less guilty) abortion is a very expensive birth control.

I esp. hate when women insist on being sedated for them. You don't want to hear and feel and smell the procedure? Really? Neither does the baby. Not letting a man ejaculate inside you costs less and hurts a lot less people too.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I think it's more of a SOCIETY thing than a personal problem w/ a root issue. We've become a very disposable and throw away society. We're more instant gratification oriented than ever before. Society as a whole is ME ME ME and doesn't need to think about problems/consequences because there's always a fast fix, always an instantly gratifying solution.

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:36 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Selfishness, stupidity, immaturity, and the inability to take responsibility for something that they look at as a mistake and someone else could look at as a miracle.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 4:34 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Pure selfishness
    Sweet_Faith

Answer by Sweet_Faith at 6:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Just like a tree has more than one root abortion is the same.
    root 1. fear: a lot of times young kids go and have abortions because their either afraid to be embarrassed and talked about or their afraid their parents will stop loving them. And instead of supporting the child even though they made a mistake most parents don't.
    2. emotion: someone has been raped and can't bear to live with the pain of caring their rapist child
    3. denial: some people just don't want to accept the fact that it's time to be a parent
    4. economy: some people don't have the money to raise kids and sometimes they just don't want to bring them into this world that we live in now because of what's going on.
    My belief is you shouldn't get abortions because they harm your body and your future baby. However it's still up to the person it's their life they have to live it not us. We as humans can only be there for each other. Be blessed.
    jenkinswife2011

Answer by jenkinswife2011 at 7:06 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• 1. It's not a CONVENIENT time for the woman to bring a child into THEIR world (career, freedom and/or social life are more important)!
    2. A one night stand gone awry--in other words didn't choose the right baby daddy at the bar!
    3. Too young/can't afford
    4. Have too many children already
    5. Boyfriend is either already married or breaks up with them--plan to "trap" failed.
    6. Rape/Incest (last reason because this is not the norm!)

Just my humble opinion!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:59 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• A lot of good, thoughtful answers here. I think that along with the answers others have given, terminology has something to do with it. Babies are no longer referred to as babies until after they are born or at the very least, past a certain point of time in their development. Prior to that, they are called a fetus or embryo. With the insistence on using proper scientific terminology, the human equation is lost or at least muddled. Since it's not really a baby but rather a fetus or embryo, (or just a clump of cells) it's disposable and of course it's not any more of a bad thing to get rid of that clump of cells than it is to get rid of a tumor (another clump of cells).
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:45 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Not everyone in that situation actually see's any other option.
    I'm not condoning it, I'm just saying.
    Lack of knowledge
    Pressure from SO or loved ones to do so.
    Wanting to escape a bad situation.
    No outcome seems good at all.
    I'm not for abortion, but not everyone believes they are being selfish when they do so.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 17, 2011