Maybe this isn't the right place to ask but is there anyone out there my age (61) raising a young grandchild (6) without any help?

mamamel61

Asked by mamamel61 at 5:51 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i was raised by my grandparents.
    good luck and god bless
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 5:59 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I hope you find someone in your situation to talk with, I can relate to your circumstance, my MIL is 66 and raising 3 of her grands, she has had them for almost 9 years now they are now 10, 12 and 13, I know its hard and I hope you get some support from those around you, I know I am not in your position but feel free to PM me if you want to chat :-)
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 5:59 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• no. i am not in this situation but it sounds tough because i think at this age grandkids should visit but the grand parents should not have to bear the brunt of the work that come with raising young kids. what is it like btw?? i'm just curious..
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 6:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• they have groups on here for that so that you could get some support for your specific issues just search through the goups using words like grandparents parenting or things like that here is one of them
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/7497/
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 7:44 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I'm having a problem babysitting a great-grandchild without help! My heart goes out to you. I had custody of my grandson years ago but his mother and my youngest dd lived with me so I had some help then. If you need someone to talk to send me a PM. You might start a CM group for this. I bet there are others out there who would like the moral support.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:29 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Don't think there is much interest in this topic, I know there are a lot of Grandparents raising Grandchildren but have not had a response from any as you can see.
    mamamel61

Comment by mamamel61 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• One of my friends grandmother who is 69 is raising her granddaughter.
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 11:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• probably one of the reasons why you aren't getting much response is people just don't know what advice to give. I would try to find support groups that have people your age and see if anyone can help. Good luck and God Bless
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Just looking for someone who is raising a Grandchild.
    mamamel61

Comment by mamamel61 (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2011