• In the Spotlight:

What does Easter mean to you?

Sweet_Faith

Asked by Sweet_Faith at 7:12 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• nothing meaningful. i think of chocolate and lots of deviled eggs..
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:19 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• It means a long weekend for my husband from work and visiting with family. There are treats but we didn't really do Easter egg hunts when I was growing up - just a filled egg. We don't attend church or anything although I am fully aware of the significance of Easter to Christians. Some years, like this one, this entire week is full because it's also Passover.

In a nutshell, I'd say family and wonderful food. It's a celebration of new life.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:31 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Eyedoleyes I love your answer!
    Sweet_Faith

Comment by Sweet_Faith (original poster) at 7:37 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• honestly when i think of easter i think, Ham, Candy, and bunnies.
    even tho i as an adult know more than that.my extremly young children dont.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 7:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Easter is more of a myth celebration since I am a unitarian christian. On Easter, I like to dress my son up in a nice suit matching his dad's suit, be around family, and make bbq rabbit, deviled eggs, and collard greens for dinner.
    Diamond2010

Answer by Diamond2010 at 8:25 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Like the PP, I'm a Unitarian Christian too (at least in that I reject the concept of the Trinity or the idea that Jesus was divine - I also reject the idea of the Atonement or a literal Resurrection). Easter, to me, symbolizes the commitment Jesus had to his message of love and compassion to see it through even to death, and the way that his message lived on, even after he died. Not the most "orthodox" way of looking at it, but given as I don't believe that he came to die for our sins (especially in a literal sense), that's about the only way I can look at it.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• (oh and in my previous statement, I was referring to Unitarian in the non-Trinitarian sense, lol, just to be sure I clarified, if it needed it..)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Chocolate and no work.  I rarely get Sunday off, I'm working today 10 - 5:30.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:09 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Goodies and enjoying Spring.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Nothing.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:02 AM on Apr. 17, 2011