Beyond pissed (sorry for the vent)

My DH asked if he could go to his friends birthday party last night. I told him I didn't mind as long as he didn't drink to much and he's not home too late. Well, it's now 8:30am and he's not here. I tried calling several times and he's not answering. I even tried his friend's number, but it's the wrong one. Ahhh! I'm just so mad.

I should've known better since he has done this before. I just can't believe how inconsiderate he is. Not to mention, he was in a car accident a few weeks ago that messed his back up pretty badly. Needless to say, I've been doing everything around here. I mean EVERYTHING. To the point where I feel like I either want to scream or cry (I don't cry easily). Of course, he can't help me, but he can go out drinking and not come home?!?! Well, looks like he's going to be helping me a lot more now...

amberdawnbarr

Asked by amberdawnbarr at 8:24 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• To me it was always the fact that he wouldn't answer his phone when i called and its good that he didn't drive but i wanted to know if he was alive or dead. I always heard that you would be pissed off, I was always more pissed off when i had no clue where he was and i was left wondering. it was alwas so scary and it was so selfish of him. He hasn't done for awhile but there was m birthday but i won't get into that here. lol
    Do it to him sometime when you go somewhere and see how he likes it, i know that might sound immature but it works.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I have been there before, I would be so pissed off too, I am sure he is just passed out over there but its not going to change how mad you are, he could've called you and told you where he was. I have had the same fight with my husband several times and thankfully he doesn't do it anymore. If you know where the friend lives then i would drive over there so you aren't worrying so much.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would be pissed to, and I agree with you if his back isn't messed up to back to go out and party then he can help around the house with the kids etc, I don't think my DH has ever done anything like this so I can't say I have been in your shoes, but I would put my foot down. good luck momma and here is a ((((hug))). sounds like you could use a day of rest and to yourself.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:34 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Dont be sorry for venting. Id be pissed to! I sure hope he's not in jail for DUI or the hospital. This is a lesson learned. Next time he asks to go out, say NO.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:34 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I hate nothing more than calling my fiance' and getting no answer or him having his phone turned off... drives me insane! Good luck! Hope it all works out!
    oMiSSANNAMARiEo

Answer by oMiSSANNAMARiEo at 8:47 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• The fact that he didn't call would be what really pissed me off. it Is super inconsiderate....my DH never does it because he is paranoid & if i call him in the middle of the night while he is out, he'll think there is something wrong. So, he always calls & answers.

My brother though...lol...., he's a jerk. He would turn his phone off because he knew if he talked to his girlfriend, she would be pissed at him. So, his selfish way of dealing....was turning the phone off.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:48 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Being pissed is not going to change anything. you have to decide if their is anything you can do to change this. If not than you have to decide are you going to live with it or not. Do not stress yourself with being pissed. Think it through and make a decision and take action or not if that is your decision.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:59 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• You are laready doing everyhting by yourself, recieve no help or respect from him so maybe you would be hapier by yourself! What do you want to do about it? Or better yet what would you tell one of us who posted this or your friends if they were in your position? Good luck I hope you work everything out, what ever that may be.
    If he was mine, I'd ditch him but everyone is different.
    ConcernedMomma2

Answer by ConcernedMomma2 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• when he comes home, i would leave him with the kids & go out all day & not answer the phone.

Why does he have to ask you to attend his friends birthday party anyway? This would be not problem in my home. My husband would have been "allowed" to go & if he came home at 8:30, I'd be glad that he stayed instead of drinking & driving.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Sorry I should have worded it better. He doesn't have to ask, it's more like he lets me know to see if I'm ok with it too since he's always leaving me and my son home. I'm glad he didn't drink and drive. It's the fact that he didn't even call to let me know where he is. This has happened a couple of times in the last few months. He gets drunk to the point of being belligerent and them doesn't come home or even call.
    amberdawnbarr

Comment by amberdawnbarr (original poster) at 8:32 AM on Apr. 17, 2011