Has anyone ever had negative test and been pregnant?

i took a test thursday and it was negative. i made a doctors appointment for friday because i wasnt sure that was right. i went friday and my doctor confirmed im about 15weeks pregnant. i was just wondering has anything like this ever happen to any of you. How far along were you when you found out? Did you ever get a positive result?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You're the first I've heard it happen to. It's very RARE to get a false negative, unless you've tested too early, which isn't the case for you. What brand did you test with?
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:58 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• yes, with my 2nd daughter. i tested too early and then a week later i tested again (about 6 times) and all of them were positive. however i was only about 6 weeks along. pretty odd that you're 15 weeks and the test didn't catch it, it might've been a fluke test or you tested around a bad time of day when your hcg levels were low? idk. but yes i have gotten a negative and really was pregnant, and a week later got a positive. congrats on your pregnancy!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• i used an e.p.t and it was first thing in the morning.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yep, I was darn near 3 months along before the test FINALLY agreed!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:15 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I had a negative test a week after my missed period. Three weeks after my missed period still had a negative urine test at the doctors office so they did a blood test. I was pregnant with twins.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Apr. 17, 2011