Do you think caffeine determines how your child is?

Just wondering if drinking caffeine while pregnant will make your child more hyper or not sleep as good when they are born? I drink a couple cups a week!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no, and its okay to have 150mg of caffeine per day while pregnant. my oldest was the only one i drank decaf with and she's the most active/hyper of them all.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• this is a question you should be asking your doctor some doctors say once in a while is fine others say none at all
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Nope I don't think it will effect the little ones disposition at all.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:02 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No I dont think so. I drank it with all but one of my pregnancies. Of the 4 I did drink caffeine with no issues. The one I did drink it with they thought he had ADHD. Caffeine in general is just not good for you which is why they say not to drink as much. My OB/GYN said it was alright to drink it in moderation, just dont drink a 6 pack of Mountain dew or anything.

Answer by gemgem at 9:04 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• both my kids 6 and 3 are hyper, but I think my youngest is because the oldest is. With my first I didn't drink caffine at all while I was pregnant with her. I didn't drink even a drop. She wouldn't sleep at night unless she was on my chest. She didn't sleep through the night until 18 months old. My second dd I drank caffine the entire pregnancy that was all I drank I didn't drink anything else I know it was bad, but I was addicted to coke so I drank it all day long it didn't make her stay up I don't think She was up about 3-4 times a night and she slept through the night at 3 months. This time around I am not keeping any pop in the house because then I will drink it. I will once in a while have dh get me a 20 oz or polar pop, but that is it I wont have him get a 2 letter because then I will drink it all and I am trying to stay away from so much pop.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• nah, but it makes for one hell of a nights sleep with the baby bouncing all over in your belly
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:14 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No. I drank no coffee with my first and did drink coffee (1 cup a day) with my second ... my first was the hyper one, my second the mellow one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No, I drank caffeine with my son and he was the calmest baby and slept very well all his childhood. He is 14 now and still sleeps very well.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:10 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• um no and i drink a ton of caffeine and they use caffeine to help with lung issues in preemies ha ha so it cant be that freaking bad.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 7:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2011