Can you drink protein shakes while pregnant?

I drank one after my workout before I got pregnant and would love to have them again I just didn't know if they were safe. I buy the whey protein at GNC and put yogurt and fruit in it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• To be safe, ask your Dr. Brink the container for the Dr to look at.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:02 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I had to, I had to put on weight but it was one the doctor gave me the okay on
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:12 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yes you can. In fact increasing your protein intake during the last trimester boosts the babys brain development. You can only drink the all natural ones though.

Answer by gemgem at 9:14 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• of course you can. whey protein is so good for you
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 9:17 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Depends on which ones you are drinking. But if they are the ones that don't have any added chemicals and are just vitamins, minerals and protein then they are great for you. I would still talk to your doctor, but those are what got me through morning sickness. They didn't help the sickness but I felt better and had more energy putting SOMETHING into by body aside from just water.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2011