Is it harder going from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 kids?

I have a 5 year old and pregnant with the second. i know this is going to be hard but I would still love to try for a boy and just wondering how hard it is going from 2 to 3. I would probably wait until this one is 2.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• The further the kid are apart the easier it is.

Answer by louise2 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Going from 1 to 2 was harder for me...I have 3 and the transition to 3 kids was a change, but was not difficult since I was already juggling 2. Mine were all close in age.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 9:09 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I have 2 sons, and they are exactly a year apart..at 5 months and 17 months.. its tough with two babies, but you'll get used to it pretty quickly
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:09 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• at first its always hard. when i went from 1 to 2 my dh had just deployed to afghanistan and i was soo over whelemd. but luck for me my baby was pretty independant and laid back as long as u fed him. but it was hard to get used to now i cant nap when my oldest took a nap which she was 2 at the time. unless the new baby was sleeping. .
    when we went from 2 to 3 same thing happeend dh left for afghanistan and i was over whlemed. but by then it was like ok well whats one more. sleep was definantly not in my vocabulary. and i was alreayd used to juggling the other 2.
    so 1-2 is harder IMO-
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:10 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• for me it wasn't hard at all, just natural. I guess it just depends on how "good" the baby is after they are born, if they sleep through the night
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• i think going from 1 to 2 is harder, because you have to learn how to juggle 2. going from 2 to 3 was a piece of cake for me, and my younger two are only 13 months apart.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• For me going from 1 to 2 was the hardest.

Answer by gemgem at 9:12 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• not sure I am still goiong from 2-3 (I am 23.5 weeks pregnant with baby 3). I had my second baby 3 months before my oldest turned 3. That wasn't that much of a diffrence to me I don't think. But when I have this baby my oldest will be 6 years and 4 months. My youngest will be 3 years and 7 months. I think it might be a little harder this time around only because my girls are really hyper as it is and my youngest is into everything you really have to keep an eye on her which is going to be hard after dh goes back to work and I have to attend to the baby lol. Plus if my nephew is here I will really have to watch the baby he will be just over 3 years and he is mean lol. He keeps swinging the baby swing real hard as it is so I don't think I will be able to put the baby down when he is here lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I really think that it depends on the person. I am an organizer and OCD I was able to manage our schedule and the house well when we went from one to two but the two to three was harder for me. More little ones is harder to keep up with, harder to keep the house clean and harder to keep a schedule. In the end either way you will make it work. It is just a transition that you will figure out and adjust and adapt.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:17 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I have an almost 4 year old, and an almost 3 year old, as well as a 1 year old (plus we have my "bonus" daughter who is 8.5)...It's not that tough wants you get into the swing of things :)
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 17, 2011