Do you practice what you preach?

Many people say they belong to this faith or that, but you would never know it by how they lived their lives. Can you say that you live your life according to what you believe? Would your faith (whatever it may be) be evident?

Renee3K

Asked by Renee3K at 9:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do my best to live a life of love and compassion. I admit that I have my moments, like everyone else, where I allow myself to become angry or act out of some negative emotion, but I do try very hard to reflect the virtues reflected in the life and ministry/message of Jesus, as well as by various teachers/sages/prophets throughout most of the other faiths of the world. Honestly it's hardest when the little one (my 3 year old) is being difficult, as that's when my patience and so forth is pressed the most - though I know that my relationship with my son is the most important of all, so I do do my best, lol. With other people, especially online interactions, it is much easier, though I have had my moments here on CM as well - though I like to think they're pretty rare and far between, and that I have been doing better in the last year or so than I did at first... :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I'm Wiccan. And yes I live my life according to the Wiccan path. But no I don't really make it obvious. My neighbors don't see me out dancing in the moonlight or anything.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I don't believe in any particular religion, but I do believe in God. I also believe in being kind and accepting. I truly try to practice it (though I don't really preach). I may not always be able to do it, but I make an effort.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:30 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I really try to do my best, yes! Am I perfect or have I done everything right? Heck no! But I will forever try to be a better me. I am constantly working on myself first.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Hmm I don't know how to answer this. On the one hand I don't tend to "preach" anythng, but do practice treating others kindly, and teaching manners and it is reflected in how my children behave and I do state that others should do likewise so on that hand yes (granted we all slip up from time to time).
    As for how it pertains to y beliefs, well the stereotypes regarding y beliefs would be that I'm foul mouthed, party alot, have no regard for anyone else, and have no morals whatsoever so in this specific case it is definitely, no. You would never realize I am an Atheist unless I told you.
    I guess it just depends on how you look at it. I don't follow a belief that dictates a certain behavior so it is all personally based. Thus there is no way that I "should" act. Though I do feel personally that the golden rule should apply in most situations. If you don't overthink it that is.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I'm with KristiS11384

being an Atheist- it's hard to say! I try to be kind, and show respect toward others and help out when I can...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I have no set religion but I am a good person and I do believe in God and though I am a flawed human I am still good could you tell maybe and maybe not.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I say that people need to be good, moral people and treat others with respect. I try to live my life like this.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 9:52 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I try to, but I'm not perfect. I think that sometimes what's more important than living up to a perfect moral standard is trying to.

lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 17, 2011