All without being taught!

Okay proud mommy moment here!

So my daughter turned 3 this past december. I of course have attempted to teach her how to write her letters (didnt push it & only letters in her name Lilly). She really wasnt interested so eh I didnt really go back to it (this was a while back). In the last week she is writing letters! No joke all of them! Okay not all per say but she writes A, C, E, F, H, I, L, O, T, V, W, Y! All without ever being shown! Not kidding I am a stay at home mom so I know that nobody has taught her this she simply has done it! I am super proud!

Okay now that I've had my moment of happiness what has been your little ones recent accompishment!? What has put a huge smile on your face recently from them!? Share it all!

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• My little one (soon to be 18, hee hee) was accepted into every college he applied to!

My other little one entered a state wide writing contest (all without my knowing) through her school and won for her grade level!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yea!!!!!! Love moments like that!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I had been working with my 26 month old on counting to 10, and I laid some pennies out to count with her. Once we finished 10, she kept going to 17 (skipped 11) and we hadn't really worked on that yet. She can also recognize all of her letters. Now on to colors...sigh...everything is "green" so far. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:38 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I remember when my 5yo was 2 1/2 and I looked down to see her drawing this very detailed picture of a person on the inside cover of her coloring book. If I hadn't watched her I would never have believed she drew it. Then I flipped through the book and looked at the pictures. She told me which ones she colored and, although the color choices were crazy, every picture was colored in the lines. She showed off this talent at open house. She was recently turned 3 and my son's 1st grade teacher said she colored better than most of the 6 and 7 year olds in her class, lol. She's always surprising me with random things she has learned from her siblings or TV (she's not in school and starts kindy in the fall).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2011