Oh no! What is a girl to do?????

I am majorly preggo and this morning I have an OBGYN check-up. It is 10 degrees outside with about five inches of snow on the ground.

I am home alone and don't know my neighbors. I cannot put on socks myself and the only shoes I can put on myself are backless slipons.

What to do????

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 7:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I couldn't reach my feet at the end either. If the coat hanger trick doesn't work (though it sounds ingenious!!), start your car ahead of time so it's warm when you get in. Wear the backless slippers, bring your socks to the ob appt and ask the nurse to put them on for you.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• do you have something wide and long you can slip the sock on and maybe you can use that to get it on your foot
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• try putting your sock on whilst on the bed then you arnt bending over so much ,its so hard when you are near the end you poor thing .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 8:08 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• They have some kind of grabber that holds both sides of a sock so people can get them on. But that doesn't help you. How about two kitchen utensils that grab- tongs, salad tongs?

Answer by Bmat at 8:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Are ya serious???

Im 9 months prego and i still can put my socks on bigger than a house!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:49 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• well lexsiesmommy have you any tips for this poor girl you seem to be the expert on the subject ,
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 8:54 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I agree with loulou......the easiest way for me to put my socks on is sitting on the edge of the bed. You dont need to bend over as much and it is more comfortable. GL! We are almost there!
    missrayanne

Answer by missrayanne at 9:10 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Where you slippers if it what you have just turn up the heat in your car! GL
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Are you needing help getting to the doctor or putting on your socks? As for shoes and sock, try putting your foot on your other knee and doing it that way. If you're scared to drive in the snow, maybe try rescheduling for a couple days later.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Okay. This is what you do - take a wire hanger, bend it length wise until it is straight, place the sock onto curved end, and use it to maneuver it onto your foot. Yes at the end of my pregnancy I couldn't bend over either. Remember to drive really slowly, and don't over correct. Do not let other drivers intimidate you.

OOHPFG

Answer by OOHPFG at 9:30 AM on Dec. 2, 2008